Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Feeling a bit unsure about this ring??

I didnt realize there was a christian group here on treasure finds. Im glad I found this forum also! I Found a nice wedding ring a few months ago at a local park with my MXT. I feel a little guilty about keeping it. I know if I lost my wedding band (blessed by the pastor that married us) I would be very upset and feel it was unreplaceable. There is no identifiable markings on the ring for someone to indentify it. Should I just consider it a gift from the Lord? He does get 20% of all my finds!! lol Any thoughts??

alternative ? - -advertise for anyone losing a gold ring with no marks ? You will get a kazillion replies probably.

Use it as a gift from the Lord, Steve in so az

I agree with the above, I feel many times God directs my coil over goodies, and I thank him instantly when I dig up a goodie. Just thank him for the blessing

Most of the rings that we find have no ID in them. We are blessed when we find these treasures, that otherwise would be lost forever. Keep it and don't feel bad.
Have you had it tested at the jeweler yet?
Nice find congrats! :)

God bless.

Mike

The best one can do when there is no identifiable markings is to run an ad in lost and found saying a ring has been found and if they can describe it you will return it to them. This sometimes leads to other leads on places to detect from legit people who lost a ring and know approximately where but don't have detectors or know of anyone with one to look for it.

On the other side of the coin ya get a lot of whackos trying to get something for nothing and hope they describe the ring and get it for free.

Sometimes rings and owners never get back together. I had a wedding band found in a swimming area of a very small town (pop probably 200 people)/ There is one general store for food and hardware, a restaurant, gas station, a pizza place, and a bank....all on one main street about a quarter mile in length. I posted flyers on bulletin boards and didn't get a single call. In such a small town one would have thought that if that person who lost it didn't see the signs then someone else would have and knew the other person who lost it. So sometimes it just isn't meant to be.

Regardless, whenever I find anything good I always thank God then and there for the cool find.

Congrats on the beautiful ring.

Again, welcome to the forum - glad to have ya with us. If at any time ya need prayers feel free to bring them forward...praying is one of the things we do well and we have God's ear. We know of lots of answered prayers that God has blessed people with.

First of all, welcome to the forum! Congrats on finding the ring! Take it to a jeweler and have it tested/appraised. As a woman and wife, I feel for the one who lost it! I would be absolutely devastated if I lost mine! But without an inscribed name or other distinguishing marks, you would probably have a hard time finding the one it belonged to. However, you never know what might happen if you run an add for a lost ring. Its owner might get it back and you might end up with a reward! Or, you might not get a response and end up getting to keep it. Pray about it and follow your heart as to what you should do.

Lisa

Welcome to the forum and God has blessed you with the ring (which is beautiful) I lost my wedding set when swimming at two different places...the one might have been found after the Lake went down over the road, but the other was lost in a river which floods a lot and builds up gravel and sand banks, so it was probably not ever found! Since you don't have any identification marks and it may have been insured I would just keep it and Praise God for the blessings and Thank Jesus, for such a nice find! I would look in the lost and found though and see if there is any ad for a lost wedding ring, if no ad, then just give God the glory and give Him the 10% of its worth, for which it will need to be appraised! God Bless and hope we hear from you soon, as we enjoy having new members posting on the CMD Forum! Betty

Thanks for all the input and the warm welcome! I did check out lost and found ads in the local paper over the past few months and didn't see anything. I havent had it appraised yet but I had the diamond tested at my clubs last meeting. The diamond was real! God bless you all and lead you to great finds!!

You are welcome, Jim C, and hope you stay with us and post often! Congrats again on finding such a lovely ring! May our Lord keep on blessing you more and more and with great finds, as well! :angel: God Bless! Betty