Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Feeling guilty 1788 2 Reale and 1804 Large Cent found today

doninbrewster

I'm starting to feel guilty finding so many great things over the past month. In just the last week or so I found a 1785 half reale, 1858 seated half dime, 1820 large cent, a shield nickel, V nickel, 5 Indians, a nice silver ID bracelet, silver cross, silver religious medal and 8 other silver dimes. Today takes the cake. I got permission to hunt a private yard with about 5 acres and a house from the 1780's or so. It started out slow as it seems some of the area had been resurfaced. I go to another spot where the grass looks older. I know it sounds funny that the grass looks older, but it had more weeds and just wasn't perfect. I finally get a signal and 9" down I pull up a 1788 2 reale. I could immediately see the date and general condition was quite nice. I slow down and pull a few flat buttons and what appears to be part of a buckle. I then get another signal and about 6" down I pull a large cent. I can see by the profile that it's draped bust, but it wasn't until I got back to the car and could rinse it off did I realize it was an 1804! For those who have a Redbook, look up an 1804 large cent. They are rare. I'm starting to feel guilty about finding so much lately, but I'm going back tomorrow. I know there's more stuff there and my club had a hunt scheduled nearby in a couple of weeks.

That 1788 is beautiful! I'd love an opportunity to feel so guilty. Think I could handle it. :clap:

Don't feel guilty, Think of it this way, if you did not find all those awsome finds they could end up lost forever. Great job :cheers: and HH.

mrhvmd said:
That 1788 is beautiful! I'd love an opportunity to feel so guilty. Think I could handle it. :clap:

If your handle indicates where your from, these coins were found in the Hudson Valley.

you have a good spot , enjoy it , its not like that hear I am having a good day if i find a nice cut nail .

Awesome Don!

Awesome finds. Hope you find more neat stuff there.

Ok, here's the deal. You come here to hunt the beach and enjoy the sights (and sights, and sights) and sounds of the water and beach goers. I will head there to hunt and bear your guilt of AWESOME, HISTORICAL finds for you. Deal?

I am dripping in drool and jealousy!! :cheers:

Seriously, be proud of your finds......you are preserving history, one find at a time!!

HH y'all.

Frank

Absolutly outstanding!! what a run! I would not be able to calm down for a week!
HH Ed in co.