Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Feels like the very first time!

Finally got to use the new V3i. I went to my local school yard where I'm already familiar with site...IMO it's always good to try a new detector at a site you've detected before. I used Hi Pro and added Mixed Mode and a few other tweeks.... I noticed some of the factory default settings have changed over the last few years too! It wasn't a terrible two hour hunt, especially since I've hit the site a few dozen times before.

I also confirmed my suspicion that White's doesn't exaggerate depth display readings like other manufacturers do. In fact I would say they're too conservative. Coins that read around 6-8 inches on the screen will actually be closer to 8-9 with the V3i.

The first find of the day was the lucky charm, but it didn't make good on its promise. Total was 4 Wheats and one of my first dollar coins, for a total of around $3 in two hours, well below minimum wage!

Can you go into more detail about the changes in defaults you noticed..........

I would also be interested in knowing about the depth difference on coins. I loved the operation of the V3i.And the screen is to die for.
I just could not get any real performance from the two I had.. V3 and V3i...

If the improvements have made a difference I would get another one in a heart beat.. I would want to know what time range tweak changes were in for new defaults settings.... ..

There are no performance changes since your detectors, Elton. A change in a program form 10 to 5 filter isn't going to make a difference to you.

Neil... Now that you have had a back to back comparison what are the differences you are seeing between the "other" detector and your new v3i?

By the way the clad looks like it has been in the ground for some time, and everyone missed it....:detecting:

When are we going to get to see some more flowing hair from you?