Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fell off the Technology wagon

Big Treble

Sooo, im not sure if this is a 2nd midlife crisis or what, but after 10 years of detecting and continuing to buy what I have thought was the most advanced machine I could find..........i just bought a Tejon.

Its like i have two tiny versions of me on each shoulder one thats excited for the new toy and the riches it will unveil and the other asking "What the Hell did you just do?"

:ROFLMAO: ,,, let us know which one of you wins the battle,,,the left you ,,, the right you ,,,, or you ,,, :ROFLMAO: ,,,, good luck either way.

:ROFLMAO: ,,, let us know which one of you wins the battle,,,the left you ,,, the right you ,,,, or you ,,, :ROFLMAO: ,,,, good luck either way.
Lol, feeling kind of like Sybil. Not sure why i convince myself a new machine will be better. But I was always was told "hope is the magic ingredient" so i hope this will do better in the trash,

Sooo, im not sure if this is a 2nd midlife crisis or what, but after 10 years of detecting and continuing to buy what I have thought was the most advanced machine I could find..........i just bought a Tejon.

Its like i have two tiny versions of me on each shoulder one thats excited for the new toy and the riches it will unveil and the other asking "What the Hell did you just do?"
You just bought a nice Tesoro Tejon, that's what you just did. Best of luck to you.

Who is going to fix it if it needs repair?

These guys can fix Tesoros and some other brands: http://brokendetector.com

Some folks on these forums also have the electronics knowledge to do repairs. Just to be clear, I'm not one of them :)

Tesoros are pretty robust, though. Not unbreakable, but not very fragile, either.

-Ken

Download Tejon Tips and Tricks off my website. Google TreasureLinx Tesoro
Ironically i already had,, i googled Tejon Tips and the PDF was like the second or third link, if i remebered correctly. Im one of these wierd guys who aquire electronic info on my detectors. You should see my V3I folder, lol .

Was thers two versions of this by chance? One has dashes between the words and one has underscores.

Good stuff, thanks for putting it together and or making it available Sven

These guys can fix Tesoros and some other brands: http://brokendetector.com

Some folks on these forums also have the electronics knowledge to do repairs. Just to be clear, I'm not one of them :)

Tesoros are pretty robust, though. Not unbreakable, but not very fragile, either.

-Ken

I wasnt too concerned if i couldn't, i bought it used and know what the reprocucssions were, but also had known that there were several guys who work on analog machines.

Dont think i could pay new price for a machine with support calculated into the price, though.

Dont think i could pay new price for a machine with support calculated into the price, though.

I know what you mean. I did buy a new Sand Shark last year because I'd wanted one for awhile and didn't feel comfortable buying a used water machine. I'm being pretty careful with it and so far it works fine. Would have liked to get it at a discount because of the warranty issue but decided to snag one before they were all gone... people still seem to want new Tesoros even with the company being defunct. A lot of dealers are out of stock now.

-Ken

I know what you mean. I did buy a new Sand Shark last year because I'd wanted one for awhile and didn't feel comfortable buying a used water machine. I'm being pretty careful with it and so far it works fine. Would have liked to get it at a discount because of the warranty issue but decided to snag one before they were all gone... people still seem to want new Tesoros even with the company being defunct. A lot of dealers are out of stock now.

-Ken

Fortunately, for you and other buyers of new tesoro machines, is that they have from what i und3 is a tried an true machine, that pretty much better have all the bugs worked out of them by now. Any premature failure i would see as a extreme rarity.

Fortunately, for you and other buyers of new tesoro machines, is that they have from what i und3 is a tried an true machine, that pretty much better have all the bugs worked out of them by now. Any premature failure i would see as a extreme rarity.

That is certainly my hope :)

-Ken

I have yet to get out with my Tejon which I grabbed a couple months ago, but I can tell you if it's like my other tesoros it'll be great!!
It's different than the screen digital detectors. Definitely agree with sven on the tips and tricks book.
It's a different style of detecting but the separation and speed of tesoros are hard to match. They are a blast.
The Tejon is a bit sparky in my tests so far but in a powerhouse kind of way. Incan see myself hunting with sensitivity down.
Good luck and be sure to post your experiences and any questions you have after trying it out. There's a great group of tesoro enthusiasts here that can help.
Best of luck and congrats on your first tesoro!!

Got to try it today .......barely........ I've got a lot of learning to do. Had to revert back to technology for the rest of the day.