Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ferrous Clues Question

Jackalope

Put in a few hours today at an old fairgrounds site. It's located right next to an Interstate Hwy (I-25) but my understanding is that the area was scraped for topsoil (non-sterile) for the Hwy project. I'm not sure just how much they scrape off but I'm hoping that good stuff from 80 to 100 years old was deep enough to be left behind. Nothing old found yet. Mostly modern trash.

My question is; What kind of ferrous readings do you get on the E-trac for pieces of old corroded tin can? While the whole can is obvious, the small pieces give a loud crisp 4 way high tone on my F-75 with the VDI mostly locked on 70. That says DIG to me. I'm thinking either a dime or a penny but where does the ferrous show up on the E-trac? Will it show along the coin line? Lots of old tin can here so E-trac could be helpful.

Ron

Use conductive, The 75 killed me on rusty tin and bottle caps

EZ:

Seems like not too long ago we were discussing the F-75. I'm considering getting an E-Trac but undecided about keeping the F-75. Would be interested in your thoughts and comparisons of the two. What do you think of the idea of waiting for an E-Trac upgrade? I'm going to hit the Crow Creek area for a couple of hours.

Ron

KEEP the F75 , Its a GRRRRRRRRRRRReat Tector . I have the E trac and the F75. No way will i even consider getting shut of the F75.
I Use the F75 in all metal and dig ONLY numbers over 23 & NOTHING below, Iron gives out a high squeal on about 9 on the Digi readout. Ya can`t go wrong.

Hi Jeb:

Just got back from the Crow Creek area with not a whole lot to show for it. I'm not looking forward to giving up the F-75 but if the E-Trac handles the soil conditions better I won't have a need for it. The GB varies on some sites, so the way the E-Trac deals with it is appealing.

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the F-75. I won't let go of it until I compare the two and I'm convinced that I won't have a need for it.

Ron