Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ferrous vs Conductive

MNCoinhunter

Which one do you use .. and why ?:usaflag:

Hmm .. guess we've had this discussion before.. haha !

I use the ferrous mode because I feel like there is less falsing since the iron should always produce a low tone and high conductive targets should produce high tones. This is not always the case but I feel I get a little less falsing. I have just gotten used it is all.

I use both. I switch around a lot and try different settings. I love my Exp II and am a true coin shooter. I probably use conductive more but there are times that ferous wins out.

Thanks guys . . I've always used Conductive, it seems to work well for me. I like to experiment also, but it's more of switching back and forth between manual and semi-auto sensitivity. I'm going to try my next hunt in Ferrous just to see if I will like it better.

Ferrous is supposed to be used around iron debris such as nails and small bits...Conductive is said to be better around parks with pulltabs and shredded aluminum cans...
That being said, I've always run Ferrous everywhere for the reasons SE said above...

IDXMonster said:
Ferrous is supposed to be used around iron debris such as nails and small bits...Conductive is said to be better around parks with pulltabs and shredded aluminum cans...
That being said, I've always run Ferrous everywhere for the reasons SE said above...

Thanks IDX HH!

Explorer.se said:
I use the ferrous mode because I feel like there is less falsing since the iron should always produce a low tone and high conductive targets should produce high tones. This is not always the case but I feel I get a little less falsing. I have just gotten used it is all.

I always detect in ferrous mode too. I like to hear that deep iron sound and then the high pitched conductive tones in the midst of the iron.
It seems to mess me up when I'm hearing millions of high pitched tones in conductive mode and listening for that one low tone in conductive tone. But each to their own.

Conduct is what I started with and works for me so why change...to me changing back and forth would be counter productive.......

I used ferrous to go back to sites and get coins and stuff that I missed in conductive. Try it in a place that you have hunted and see after say one hour if it helped or not.

Tony