Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fess up! How addicted are you?

I hear you on the searching movies for detecting sites, I find myself doing the same thing!
HH Ed in co.

I love detecting and have done for many a long year,would i call myself addicted ?? not really sure,if you count that i have 11 detectors and over 30+ coils currently i guess its not the norm,as long as its not hurting anyone then i am happy and 'just enjoying life' to the full :thumbup:

southwind, your list of detectors, present and past is impressive. When I see a list like yours it always makes me wonder. Why you chose to keep what you have and why you got rid of the ones that you don't have any more. What didn't you like about the ctx or V3i, and why did you choose the etrac and deus instead?

southwind, your list of detectors, present and past is impressive. When I see a list like yours it always makes me wonder. Why you chose to keep what you have and why you got rid of the ones that you don't have any more. What didn't you like about the ctx or V3i, and why did you choose the etrac and deus instead?

Well don't let my list mislead you. The CTX rocks! but as I've said before what I want out of detecting has changed. For me now it is all about having fun. My days of digging it all for hours in 30 degree temps is long gone and I have become a very selective digger. First of all my time is very limited now with maybe an hour or two during hunting season weekends. I've got to make those two hours count. To do this I need a machine that makes knowing what I'm about to spend time digging is worth it. Very accurate target ID and or tone is job one now. In my opinion, the DFX still has the most accurate and precise target ID on the market. The problem is the depth of the DFX is only good for my average tot lot/school/park/yards. I have the E-Trac for those super deep hunts and the Deus is just so fun to swing I'd love it even if it wasn't deep as it is and good in trash. As I said I love the CTX but the tones of the E-Trac are just more telling for me since I've got 6 years on one.

Addicted?? Me?? Surely not me. But then I had a "Gentleman" at Church tell a couple that did not know me that "He's Addicted to Metal Detecting". I guess he thought that was something bad. Of course he does not have a life due to a Hypochondriac Wife.

As my Alcoholic Uncle once said. I am not addicted. I can quit when ever I want. I just do not want to quit. Planning on keeping on playing in the dirt and digging in the sand for as long as my body will allow.

Once went to the lake and had to break the thin ice as i went as there was no where else available to hunt because the ground was already too frozen as was the dry sand...

togamac said:
I find myself watching for good detecting sites in movies!
LMAO!!!!! I watch "The First 48" (?) where the Homicide guys are always in Cincinatti, New Orleans, Memphis, etc. I go nuts when I see them in the old "seedy" sections of town with run down old houses, curb strips, vacant lots, etc. We'd ought to put together an army of guys (armed of course) with guns & tectors and do some silver shootin in some of those "darker" sides of these towns..........!!!!!!!!

Who's going first?.....lol

oneguy said:
We'd ought to put together an army of guys (armed of course) with guns & tectors and do some silver shootin in some of those "darker" sides of these towns..........!!!!!!!!

Who's going first?.....lol[/quote

Do you suppose the local SWAT team would go along for some training???

Addicted? To metal detecting? Naah!
Maybe only slightly in the Spring, Summer and Fall. :)

Here's the litmus test IMO only:
You all who detect in the Winter, cold temps, frozen ground, snow covered ground, rain or sleet ARE addicted! :spin:
You and you know who you are need to seek help! :rofl:

I can think of a lot worse things to be addicted to than detecting. It's more of being dedicated than addicted to a hobby.........HH

Roger

I love to metal detect :detecting:whenever and wherever I can and I would say I'm addicted to it and will do it as long as I physically can!!!:clapping: Here's a few funnies to make you smile!

A month or two away from swinging a coil would be risking DT's and withdrawal seizures for me. :lol:

I have dug so much in my own yard the moles all left because they, couldn't handle the competition. :starwars:

What? Addicted? :lmfao: Yes...Yes, a thousand times Yes!

Got it so bad, I write poetry about detecting.."The Perfect Life"...

Also just recently completed the detectorists version of Mackelmore's 'Thrift Shop' lyrics...(his original lyrics are quite naughty and full of swears, the beat is good, and the concept as it pertains to us is perfect) Listen to the G rated radio version on youtube if you have sensitive ears!

(Hook)
"I'm out to pop some clad, only got twenty dollars in my pocket.... I, I'm a huntin' lookin' for some treasure, this is freakin' awesome!

(Bridge)
I got the AtPro, in case the waves are low, I wade in nice and slow, on the hunt for heavy gold!
I got the 70, (say what?) She's fast as She can be, (hell yeah!) She pays off constantly... on inland coins and jewelry!
(Hook)

Mud:thumbup:

I go to the beach detecting and don't care to notice the scantily clad women in their bikinis, there enough said.