Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Few Holiday Hunts - Minnesota State Seal Medal / Early Hamms Bottle Opener / Silver, Vs, Buffalos & Indians

floodplaindetector

We had a stretch of nice weather again, so I didn't have to go very far south at all after Christmas to get out of the snow and finish off the year in completely soft ground. All finds shown were pulled at public researched sites with my XP Deus 2 metal detector.
I pulled the Minnesota State Seal Medal yesterday. It was about 8 inches deep and was giving me an Indian Head Penny like reading. The signal was somewhat chopped I am sure because of the chain section.
Also pulled at the same site was the 1883 V nickel and the 1925 Mercury Dime. The Mercury dime was about 11 inches deep and I was a little disappointed it wasn't older because of the depth, but I am always happy to see silver, so I didn't grumble too long.

The Hamms bottle opener was about 10 inches deep. I didn't see words on it until I cleaned it up later so that was a bonus. It is pre-prohibition and could easily go back to 1910. Similar ones I saw online definitely have some collectible value.
At one park I pulled parts to a coin purse (see group shot), but unfortunately no old coins by it. A 1927 Wheat penny was pulled about 20 feet away.
Thanks for looking and have a happy new year!
Dave

Coin Finds
1925,1942,1945,1945,1946 silver dimes
1942,1942,1945 silver war nickels
1883,1909,1916,1920,1924 d, 1935, dateless buffalo, 1941 nickels
1888,1900,1904 Indian head pennies
19 wheat pennies back to 1911

Other Finds
Minnesota state seal medal (I am thinking early 1900s or older based on the additional chain attachment)
Hamms beer bottle opener (pre-1920)
20 Guage shotgun shell button
Tiny ring with missing stone
Old Suspender piece
Small padlock
part of reins guide
Ford Model T Key
Couple old buckles
Big old spoon
Lead weight and lead piece
Old Chisel
MNStateSealMedalCloseup.jpg
HammsBeerBottleOpener.jpg
SilverCoins.jpg
MNStateSealMedal.jpg
MNSealMedalReverse.jpg
NickelsAndIndians.jpg
GroupShot.jpg
FirstYearVNickelCloseup.jpg
ShotgunShellButton.jpg

We had a stretch of nice weather again, so I didn't have to go very far south at all after Christmas to get out of the snow and finish off the year in completely soft ground. All finds shown were pulled at public researched sites with my XP Deus 2 metal detector.
I pulled the Minnesota State Seal Medal yesterday. It was about 8 inches deep and was giving me an Indian Head Penny like reading. The signal was somewhat chopped I am sure because of the chain section.
Also pulled at the same site was the 1883 V nickel and the 1925 Mercury Dime. The Mercury dime was about 11 inches deep and I was a little disappointed it wasn't older because of the depth, but I am always happy to see silver, so I didn't grumble too long.

The Hamms bottle opener was about 10 inches deep. I didn't see words on it until I cleaned it up later so that was a bonus. It is pre-prohibition and could easily go back to 1910. Similar ones I saw online definitely have some collectible value.
At one park I pulled parts to a coin purse (see group shot), but unfortunately no old coins by it. A 1927 Wheat penny was pulled about 20 feet away.
Dave

Coin Finds

Other Finds
Minnesota state seal medal (I am thinking early 1900s or older based on the additional chain attachment)
Old Suspender piece
Small padlock
part of reins guide
Ford Model T Key
Couple old buckles
Big old spoon
Old Chisel
View attachment 51140View attachment 51141View attachment 51142View attachment 51143View attachment 51144View attachment 51145View attachment 51147View attachment 51148View attachment 51149
That Hamms bottle opener is cool.

Dave

Coin Finds

Other Finds
Old Suspender piece
Small padlock
part of reins guide
Ford Model T Key
Couple old buckles
Big old spoon
Old Chisel
View attachment 51140View attachment 51141View attachment 51142View attachment 51143View attachment 51144View attachment 51145View attachment 51147View attachment 51148View attachment 51149
Man these spots you find are like virgin ground.
Awesome finds.

The Deus II is working super well for you!!
As always, fantastic finds!! I love the Minnesota State Seal medallion!! Surely the person cried when they lost it.
Now that you have had more time and found many treasures with the Deus II, have you forgotten about your ETrac? 😂

Ahhhh, Hamms… the beer refreshing (old jingle) and I believe had a cartoon bear as the commercial spokesman.
I would love to interview that block of wood you use in your photos, bet the stories it could tell…..

It's been years since I have come across any site that was semi virgin. All of the remaining targets are on edge, super deep or laying on iron. It does add up though when you string a few of
the sites together. Appreciate you taking a look!
Dave
Man these spots you find are like virgin ground.
Awesome finds.

thanks Jeff. Yes, that medallion was a welcome find. That was the same site where I pulled a 1882 morgan and barber quarter in the same hole last year. The Deus 2 sniffed out a few more that the eTrac didnt hear.
You did good as always Dave look forward to you results! Star of the north Medalion is cool!
HH Jeff

Hi Jimmy,
thanks, yes, my back and arm starts throbbing just thinking of my Etrac. when my primary Etrac quit in May I figured it was time to make the switch and I am glad I did.
Deus 2 is so good on finding coins on edge and has outstanding separation + depth.
The Deus II is working super well for you!!
As always, fantastic finds!! I love the Minnesota State Seal medallion!! Surely the person cried when they lost it.
Now that you have had more time and found many treasures with the Deus II, have you forgotten about your ETrac? 😂