Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Few more oldies found with Toltec II

Was following behind several fellas while at an old town which was replacing their sidewalks. When I say several fellas, I mean like at least 4 using big $$ units of all types. Because the sidewalks were lifted out of place, it made it easy to make sure I walked the exact same path as them. I was using the 7 inch DD coil. The two older dimes were an easy 8 inches down. The oldest is an 1852 Seated Liberty. The merc is a 1917 nicely worn.

Dug two V nickels and one Shield nickel with unreadable date.

I found about 10 wheats too.

The other two items are kinda neat. The cotton Expo coinlike thing is dated 1895 and one is listed on ebay for about 299$ opening bid. The other item is from the 'Identification Company of America' Instructions on the back of the fob-like thing instructs to contact them with the number on the front when a person has died in an accident or found elsewhere and un-identifiable. I cant find (havent yet anyway) any info on this company at the moment. If anyone has any info on it, please let me know.

At the end of the hunt, they had asked how I did. I replied 'well it depends on how well THEY did and how much silver and old coins they found'
They didnt find any which shocked me but really rattled them.

Nice going !!!

Wish I had the chance to do a sidewalk but they must really like where they are at and the shape they are in.

Wonder if anyone would notice me out in the middle of town with a jack hammer and bobcat...lol

Grats again
Gary

Tony

I see your using your 'old school' Toltec ll to take some modern detector users back to school. I've had my Toltec ll since 1994 and it is deadly in the iron nails, the only detector that is better in the nails is my new old Compadre. I'd bet there were a lot of nails in that sidewalk tear-out and that is why the high dollar detectors did'nt do so well. The old tesoro circuit is hard to beat in the ferrous trash, in my opinion. Great Hunt:thumbup:

Very, very nice hunting! Congratulations on those beautiful finds.