Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Few odd items off local beach post #1

Ground_Hog_MD

Hit a few local beaches this week to do some sharks tooth and fossil hunting .
got a bunch of shark teeth over the past week or so. and a few odd little pieces i could use a little help with ID`ing
#3-4-5 approx 1 inch long ... #1-2 approx 1 inch long ... #14 longest object approx 6 inches long
TY for any help ... H.H.

1) mouth plate (stingray?)
2) vertebrae (prob fish of some kind)
3-5) wow that's weird. no clue
14) hard to say from pic, but I think not coral; probably worm tube casts

rem, scale always helps.

Thank you for the ID`s ... here is a scale photo on the other object ...

Well, its killing me that no one knows what this thing is, so I am going to hazard a guess to hopefully get something started:

its a sponge fossil.

been doing some eyeballing around.
looks like # 14 may be fossilized coral
think you are right on the last item, appears to be fossilized sponge, and a pretty nice little one.
here is a link to one that has the same shape.

http://www.studenthandouts.com/Science/Gallery/000-Science-Image-Gallery.htm