Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Field hunt in the mud.

The temps soared into the upper 30s today here in MI so I had to get out and play in the mud. Found a skeleton key, a thimble, a couple of toe taps, one has a patent date of 1858, which was pretty cool to find, a couple of unknown clips, a 59' fattie, and my second shield nickel this year ( 1868 ). All in all a fun day, hope to get out again tomorrow.

Nice roundup on a cold day! That site screams old (at least compared to my neck of the woods)! Hope you're planning to go back and bring back more!

It rained in Calif last night so Sat I got up and put on my water proof hunting gear and head out to an old church. I found so much that I have to make a video ever since I started to keep my GB on 90 the machine was like a hunting dog look for relics. Fun day being a kid and finding history in the dirt that no one would have found if it was not for me and the Deus..

Yep, I usually run the gb on 90. Works well for me. I just checked the temp, it's up to 50° here! Gonna be a mud pit if I make it out later today. I'll look forward to the video. Get any of that CA gold?

Nice finds Triplehooked! I really like the fattie & shield. Looks like both are in great condition.

Duke

Thanks guys. Duke, the shield is deceiving as (aside from the gouge) it looks decent on one side, but only shows the date on the other. I wish the old nickels would fare better but I'm happy to find them just the same. I've dug around a dozen or so fatties this year and they are hard to find in good shape as well, but I'll take em'!