Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Field hunt til dark in 60 mph winds :surrender:caused me to take a seat....LITERALLY!

Hotcz70

Talk about a wild ride...this hunt on Sunday was it.

The farmer finally got his corn out and gave us permission to hunt...but it was like working in a stubbly wind tunnel.

Earlier it wasn't to bad but as it got closer to dark; it got very nasty.

It was all I could do to stay upwards and on my feet because of the heavy winds. :confused:

I had on a light, oversized nylon jacket and there were a couple of times that the wind caught it and spread it wide open like a sail on a boat.

The outcome?...it actually pulled me backwards in "hanglider" style:bouncy:...and threw me about 6 feet back right on my rump.:stars:

Trust me...not so much fun when there were cornstalks sticking up everywhere.:)

B-Rad...well he didn't have so much trouble staying anchored to the ground as he is built like a tank....so unless a tornado hit us:smoke:...he wasn't goin' anywhere.:bouncy:

[attachment 246680 ootiebradfield.jpg]

First thing I got was a shallow hit in the dry top soil and pulled out this clod with an injun' peeking out.

[attachment 246681 injunfield.jpg] [attachment 246682 injunfieldout.jpg]

A while later it started getting dark...and it was then that I got my first silver...this worn old barber.

[attachment 246685 barberfield.jpg]

Finally after what seemed like an eternity because I was so beat down from stumbling around the stalks in near darkness:stars: and fighting the 60 mph winds out in the wide open area...I got a nice, deep hit and pulled out a huge clod of moist, dark dirt from a good ways down and could make out the edge of a silver rim which you should be able to see in the pic.

[attachment 246687 seatedpile.jpg]

Pretty cool to see silver peeking out of the coal black soil....and even better to see it turn out to be seated.

[attachment 246686 seatedclod.jpg] [attachment 246684 allthree.jpg]

By this time it was pretty well dark and Herky had even shed his camo jacket because the wind was catching the backend of it and was tossing him sideways.:clapping:

[attachment 246683 ootiefielddark.jpg]
I love this time of year and getting to hunt some fields...but it can be pretty rough.

It's all good though...thanks for viewing.

You always amaze me . Was that with your Magic Coin Finder ?? The awesome SE Pro ???

Many times I have wished I had your abilities while using my Se Pro ............ Some say it's the machine..Some say it's the user .................

I say it's a combination of both, and you Sir have Mastered that Detector... [size=x-large]AWESOME FINDS !!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Hahahahah Had to dust off your backside did ya !!!!!!

Awesome finds Bryce. I have some soybean fields you can swing in at my ghost town. Maybe me, you and g-money could give it a try.

I love field hunting.... the last great place for those kinds of finds. You just know its FALL and a great time to hunt out there..... good alone time. Im not sure if the way they no longer turn the soil has helped us or put some targets beyond our depth. But if its get able you do a great job getting after it Bryce. Those are nice finds. I also love all the WHATITS we end up with..... mostly brass and copper and often horse stuff.

Dew

You braved the elements and scored........nice seated!!!

Hawkeye Jim.

Great finds Bryce! That silver edge sticking out of the dirt...I live for that type of thing, wondering just what it's going to be when I remove the last bit of dirt. Nothing like that image of seeing a silver edge sticking out. One of my half dollars I first saw the rimmed silver edge of in the dirt. I knew instantly it was a half, and I'll probably never forget that image. Just something about it.

Glad to see Herc made the trip one again. Best thing about dogs is they never judge, and are very quick to forgive if they do. Truly man's best friend.

Once again a great story. I haven't done much crop field hunting but one of these days I'll get around to it. My old coin hunting is equally split among "dead" public sites and hunting the woods. The signals in the woods might be few and far between, but the quality of the coins are way above average. I suspect hunting crop fields is much the same way.

Bryce congratulations on the Indian barber and especially the seated :surprised: them are getting few and far between anymore... Awesome find :thumbup:

Congratulations on the finds Bryce! I know the story isn't "windy"! Great pictures. I know what you mean about stumbling around in a cornfield. It changes your swing to a lot more sideways and your always tripping up in the stalks. What I'm amazed is how well the coins turn out, as far as not being scratched up too bad!

NebTrac

Nice field hunt....................fields produce quite well especially if it is a plantation site....................:thumbup:

I frequent a few different sites mate but I love coming here to read your posts! It wouldn't matter whether you just found a wheat cent I'd still enjoy your post!They're lucky to have you here. Congrats to you and Hercules on the digs:)