Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Field Mode - Can Someone Tell Me What I Am Missing?

rick78

I am running 2.77. According to manual (actually Andy's book). Field is 2-tone 0-15 and 16-99. I have a silver half and a Mercury dime separated by 6" or so. Half rings up 95 and dime at 82 but why does the dime have a lower tone than the half? Maybe I am overthinking this?

I am running 2.77. According to manual (actually Andy's book). Field is 2-tone 0-15 and 16-99. I have a silver half and a Mercury dime separated by 6" or so. Half rings up 95 and dime at 82 but why does the dime have a lower tone than the half? Maybe I am overthinking this?
The reason for the disparity in readings is simply the size of the coins. That's perfectly normal. But are you saying the dime is giving a low tone? That would definitely be very weird.

The reason for the disparity in readings is simply the size of the coins. That's perfectly normal. But are you saying the dime is giving a low tone? That would definitely be very weird.
I've experienced low tones with high numbers.
And low numbers with high tones.
Sadly I walked over them.
Running 2.77 and loving it.
Next time out I'm digging everything.

Correct @gfatizzi. Lower tone with the dime even though it is 82. @Odanscoils that is bizarre for sure. Thanks all. Also this was air test. I'll try outside once it quits snowing and temp goes above 28 o_O
Yup same here up on the greatest lakes.
Numb today.
I'm suspecting theirs alien metals involved.
Had to do something with All the Stolen loot from the Moon. 😅😁

Yup same here up on the greatest lakes.
Numb today.
I'm suspecting theirs alien metals involved.
Had to do something with All the Stolen loot from the Moon. 😅😁
Yeah, man. You didn't know that? This country's founded... it was founded by people who were into aliens, man. George Washington, man. He was in a cult. And the cult was into aliens, man. You didn't know that?
I'm running 2.78 on mine so I haven't had that issue. Could be some kind of bug in the 2.77 software maybe?
No, 2.77 is the perfect version :). Seriously, IDK but I will test again, maybe tonight.

Yeah, man. You didn't know that? This country's founded... it was founded by people who were into aliens, man. George Washington, man. He was in a cult. And the cult was into aliens, man. You didn't know that?

No, 2.77 is the perfect version :). Seriously, IDK but I will test again, maybe tonight.
Yup
That's it man.
Radioactive coin spills falling from the sky.
Diatomic stuff.
All forms of interacting nuceli cause opposite reactions.
Been using my antiproton metal reactor detector.
The good stuff just Jumps outta the ground Man. 🤗

Voltage Controled Ocillation (VCO) usually makes pinpointing easier, because the closer you get to the target the louder the signal becomes. I think this is what you are experiencing in field mode! It also applies to the size of the target.

Voltage Controled Ocillation (VCO) usually makes pinpointing easier, because the closer you get to the target the louder the signal becomes. I think this is what you are experiencing in field mode! It also applies to the size of the target.
This is correct and I'm surprised I missed the field mode aspect. It now makes sense. If both coins are at equal depths, the detector will "see" the larger coin as closer and thus sound off higher in pitch compared to the smaller dime. What you have to realize in this mode is that it is more meter dependent to actually discern what the target is. I actually like this mode a lot but do use the park modes a lot more as I like to hunt mostly by tones. HH! George