Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Field Test - RB Innovations new Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery ML-2900 !!! :thumbup:

As per agreement with Guvner and RB Innovations, I obtained a new RB Innovations Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery for my Minelab Explorer (they work in the E-Trac and Safari as well).

I got it just in time to try out on my week long road trip last week. I must say I was quite impressed with how long it held a charge! I put it through some rigorous testing.... I charged it for 2 hours before the beginning of my trip, and came home 1 week later with nearly 30 hours hunt time on it and it still shows about 3/4 charge on my meter.

I did not go easy on it either! I hunted for most of that 30 hours in very trashy parks and beaches and in cold weather.... 2 things that kill battery life of a lesser battery. I left my detector in the back of my truck during a few nights when the overnight temp dipped well into the low to mid 30's and it came to life with a full charge each time I started hunting in the morning. NMh rechargeables would always seemed to lose their charge partially when they got real cold.

It sure was nice not having to carry a couple extra battery packs with me each time I was out hunting - especially on the beach when I walked 3-4 miles away from my truck. Car charger works great, and the coax plug is larger in size to prevent accidental charging with a NMh charger which isn't recommended.

All thumbs up for this great battery!!! Take care and HH, Mike.

I know you dont disc out a lot of target either so that battery had to work. Sounds great Mike. Have you put a multi meter on one fully charged yet? Anyone touched base with ML yet to see if they void their warranty..... because most things do lol. That could be important to new machine owners. Im very empressed thou Mike with you and Bryces reports. In recent years headphones and coils have made a huge difference..... now batteries seem to be catching up. I think thats great. Thanks...

Dew

I didn't measure the actual voltage on the full charge, I'll have to monitor the voltage after the next time I charge it. I don't know about warranty issues, I know there are other models of Minelab detectors that use lithium-ion batteries. HH, Mike.