Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Final 2022 Hunting in Nebraska gets some old coins

floodplaindetector

I visited my brother Sam in Nebraska this week and got a couple hard days of hunting in some researched Nebraska city parks with my Minelab eTrac.
The ground was pretty hard, but I could get my hand digger in deep at most places as temps hit the low 60s one day. This felt like a heat wave for me compared to Fargo.

Most of the silver was 10-11 inches deep and severely masked. Good targets were few and far between as this area has been pounded hard, but I still had some fun.
That Listerine canister was about 14 inches deep.
The last day I hit the shiny pocket watch back @16 inches which made me grumble but I hit the old quarter at the last site which made my day.
The worn old quarter was a tight, scratchy high tone that sounded like a silver dime and read 8 inches but was at least 10 inches deep.

thanks for looking!
Dave
1894BarberQuarterObverse.jpg
1894BarberQuarterReverse.jpg
1902BarberDimeObverse.jpg
1902DimeReverse.jpg
GroupShot1stDayOfHunting.jpg
PresidentialFitnessPin.jpg
Toy1931DuesenburgCar.jpg
BarberQuarterAndHatPin.jpg
ListerineCanister.jpg

Nice groups of finds along with some silver is a good two days of hunting. To bad the 4 on the Barber quarter wasn't a 6. I was fortunate enough to get a well worn 96s several years ago while vacationing in the Park rapids area. Good luck in 2023. But, you, bud, make your own luck! HH jim tn

Low 60s 🤪. You someplace its now May?😂😂

Still snow covered here but some green patches showing!!! Looks like you had a fun outing and some good recoveries!!!

I visited my brother Sam in Nebraska this week and got a couple hard days of hunting in some researched Nebraska city parks with my Minelab eTrac.
The ground was pretty hard, but I could get my hand digger in deep at most places as temps hit the low 60s one day. This felt like a heat wave for me compared to Fargo.

Most of the silver was 10-11 inches deep and severely masked. Good targets were few and far between as this area has been pounded hard, but I still had some fun.
That Listerine canister was about 14 inches deep.
The last day I hit the shiny pocket watch back @16 inches which made me grumble but I hit the old quarter at the last site which made my day.
The worn old quarter was a tight, scratchy high tone that sounded like a silver dime and read 8 inches but was at least 10 inches deep.

thanks for looking!
Dave
View attachment 34562View attachment 34563View attachment 34564View attachment 34565View attachment 34566View attachment 34567View attachment 34568View attachment 34569View attachment 34570
The coins being 10+ inches deep show a lot of experience on your part and the ability of the eTrac....There is a lot of iron and minerals to go thru in 10 inches of dirt and still see that many good targets........ in well detected parks that have been pounded hard.
Always look forward to the FLOODPLAINDETECTOR POST of the last few weeks!
A M A Z I N G.......
E L M Y

Last edited:
Nice finds Dave I was out in the balmy 60 degree weather today was 55 got my first silver ring!
Mark

Nice digs Dave even if you had to go south so to speak! I remember the presidential fitness and academic awards in grade school does that make me a relic too LOL.
HH Jeff