Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"Final" F-75 TID Coin Scale

Charlie P. (NY)

I think this is the end of Phase I for my coin sweeping. Represents every U.S pattern coin I have in vinyl flips that I could test and the to-date field finds (sadly all clad) are staying within the marks. I still haven't turned any jewelry with the F-75, and that will be the next phase. Bummed me out that I hit a steel cap yesterday that read 56 and caused me to have to close the "trash gap" between foil and pull tabs.

I'll gladly accept any donations of jewelry to be tested but regret such samples cannot be returned. :wave:

HH

Very nice. Bottom line though, once you factor in the jewelry it is going to be-Dig all from 15-98. Although detectors have really improved since I started in the 60's it still boils down to the cold hard fact that if you want to be sure what is down there you have to DIG IT

No argument here. We have a display with 99 possible results and millions upon millions of different metallic objects in the ground to try and shoehorn into those segments.

Pity the guys with detectors that show little icons of diamond rings and Lincoln Cents who have to interpret the target.

What you can do, and I already have done, is to consider this scale when in a area of specific trash items; i.e. shothell bases in a field, steel bottle caps in picnic pavilions.

This was also intended as a warning what will be lost if too much discrimination is applied. The only way to learn a detector is to dig, dig, dig. This was my worksheet for mapping the results. And getting that signal is then like shaking a wrapped gift instead of just looking at it. It goes "tinkle", I wonder what's inside?

Now that you saved me eighteen hours work, could you go ahead and redo the whole thing over with an iron nail taped to each target, so I'll know where all my targets will really id?:blowup: Thanks for the info, really.

n/t

Thanks Charlie. I have converted your graphic (.gif) file to PDF. I don't know how to post it here but if anyone is interested in being able to print this out on multiple pages and can tell me how to post it I will do so providing that you don't mind.

No problem. Any F-75 user is a friend of mine. :buds:

Though I don't know how to upload a .pdf file here, either. You may have to upload it somewhere else and link to it.