Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally a Gold/Silver find with my At Max

David53

This is a James Avery Retired 14K Yellow Gold Sterling Silver Peace Dove Heart Ring I found on Sunday, January 07, 2018. Instead of using my super sniper coil, I recently switched to my 5X8" DD Search Coil. After making the switch to the larger Coil, I have had many more jewelry finds even though I have been hunting in very trashy sites.
[attachment 353572 IMG_2322-2.jpg]

Thanks. I recently decided to start digging more of the 40’s & 50’s visual IDs because that’s where the Gold is and trash, but it’s worth it in the long run.
Question Do you think there is a Nel Coil that’s better than the 5X8 DD Coil? Also I purchased a Nel Tornado and when I tried it out on my At Pro, I only got some quarters along with lots of Chatter. I don’t know if it will even work on the At Max? Is there a way to use it effectively in a trashy environment by maybe cutting back on the sensitivity? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Some of the after market coils previously working on the AT Pro will not work on the MAX. Some of the large coils wouldn't work well at all, unless the sensitivity was turned down to 2 bars. I suggest you email the manufacturer and ask him? He has to deal with all the changes of coils to be compatible to all the different metal detectors. There are a lot of different responses to those after market coils. Some, however do work extremely well on Garrett detectors. Let us know what the manufacturer says to pave the way for others who are in the same position.

Thank you. I will call the manufacturer and I’ll let you know. I would also like to know how to do the Videos for the difference detectors and coils I have so I could help others on the forum and learn for myself.

I always stay with the factory coils they were made for that detector. ( ME 45 YEARS DETECTING. YOU DON'T LISTEN TO ALL THE HYPO AND BS)