Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally a nice day to get out and hunt with my buddy.

MikeO

Staff member
I have not been posting much finds as of late as I spend a lot of time shooting/reloading but, yesterday my hunting bud of twenty years called me to go out today.
We didnt have a planned destination so, we just headed into a smaller town and did a door knock on a corner lot house built about the turn of the century.
It was obvious by all the signals and coins nobody had ever hunted it so, we where hoping for some keepers.
I was the lucky one in the coin category today as my first oldie was a 1859 Canadian Cent. We both dug are fair share of wheats and clad to clear up the signals.
After sweeping the corner side one way I decided to go back and sweep at a 90* angle. Glad I did as I got that nice faint bouncy high right. Hoping to just squeak oit a Merc I was suprised to see it was a Barber. Just barely made it being its a 16 but, I will take it.
My buddy found a neat old button and a beautiful crotal bell (a #6).
Was a nice morning to finally get out with my friend and enjoy the thrill of the hunt. :)
[attachment 347055 image.jpeg]
[attachment 347056 image.jpeg]
[attachment 347057 image.jpeg]
[attachment 347058 image.jpeg]
[attachment 347059 image.jpeg]

Nice bunch of finds - that barber is a real nice one - looks to be high grade. Congrats.

Thanks Doug and Tiftaaft.
Doug, Granted I have not been out a ton this year so far but, its the nicest one this year so far.
Here are two better pictures of it.
[attachment 347061 image.jpeg]
[attachment 347062 image.jpeg]

WOW!! Awesome coin!! how deep was it... I can't wait to hear and see that "faint bouncy high right" on my screen!!

About 7" but, slightly canted. Dry hard ground with little to no moisture in it.
Not a textbook high right but, good enough most experience Explorer users would not have passed on it.
I bet it would have hit better with a little more H2O in the soil.

Great find!
Very rare to find a coin and that condition well done my friend.

Very nice to see you get out Mike. I appreciate all the input you've given in the forums,it's helped me a bunch!
And...can you IMAGINE what kind of money that thing would bring with a "D"????? I wouldn't want to even hazard a guess...