Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally a way to use your zinc pennies that are junk:bouncy:

Craig

After I come back from a day of detecting, I am always tossing the zinc pennies that are too bad to use, into the trash. I was looking at you tube today and just out of curisoty I did a search on zinc and got a lots of hits. I found this video which I thought was a good idea!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVX1NGupFzg
Now all I need to do is get a small lathe :confused: I guess for right now I'll just make ingots with a Ingot mold I have from making bullets. Maybe the price of zinc will go up some day like Gold :lol:

Well I'll be dipped....

That's awesome... I have a harbor freight 7x12 lathe. Not the best piece of machinery, but it works.
Maybe sometime this winter I'll turn my zincolns (and half-zincolns) into ringcolns...
Thanks for posting this!

Great looking ring, I'm just wondering two things. Would it be healthy wearing a zinc ring and would the ring keep looking that nice?

Excellent idea! like most others, I just throw the pennies I detect away so any ideas to put pennies to good use are welcome. Like Mtnmn, I also wonder about the health concern and how long that shine would last but if you had access to a plating set up, a quick copper, or nickel, chrome, silver, gold plate would work great! The possibilities are endless!!!!!