Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally bit the bullet…..what O.S. ?

synthnut

Hi guys and gals….I finally got my Legend Pro and also bought the backpack….I’m still putting thing’s together….My question is this…What OS are you guys the most happy with, and why ?…….1.05 ? 1.07 ? 1.08 ? Etc……You got the picture !…..Thanks in advance……Jim

Hi guys and gals….I finally got my Legend Pro and also bought the backpack….I’m still putting thing’s together….My question is this…What OS are you guys the most happy with, and why ?…….1.05 ? 1.07 ? 1.08 ? Etc……You got the picture !…..Thanks in advance……Jim
1.9 is the best IMO! This a very effective machine on low conducters as well as high conducters.. Hope you enjoy yours!

I started with 07 and have 09 now but the excessive heat is keeping me inside. 09 offers more control over the machine and thus better efficiency. Keep playing and dont get frustrated at the learning curve, its common sense once you get into your groove.

I look at it this way get at least the updates that fixed any bugs is the main thing all the rest is just more features.
Supposedly all the bugs were fixed by V 1.07 and it works fine with that unless you want more features.
Then they came out with V 1.08 but had bugs with the new features so they came out with V 1.09 to fix 1.08
So if you are happy with the way V 1.07 works then stick with that if you want more not everyone needs or wants all the extra stuff then V 1.09
So really only two to choose from that are bug free.
Personally im still learning the machine and 1.07 has more than i use
Have fun with whatever you decide

My Legend was brand new…..I didn’t give 1.07 a chance……After working for HOURS to update from 1.05, I did stop there and kept going to 1.09 while I was on a roll !!….I’m sure that I would have been happy with 1.07, but such is life..

Definitely the 1.08 now 1.09 the new added features are fantastic updates, Like the new mineralization meter, adjustable Iron Bias, the Iron filter and Stability settings all are great so far
there are a couple things with the new update that are puzzling me though and that is the ground balance just seems off to me, but it could be the ground I detect which is highly mineralized, the ground I detect has extreme amounts of magnetite which I feel is messing with the ground balance on the legend, prior to the 1.08 now 1.09 I never really noticed much of a difference in GB values in Multi 1 and Multi 2 now with the 1.09 there is a 34 point difference in GB values between M1 and M2

I too think that the ground balance needs to be looked at……I’m getting different numbers balancing in the same area, and they’re more than a couple of numbers off In M1…I haven’t tried other settings yet

I will add that I do not like the ground balance whatsoever in 1.09. I down rev to 1.07. I find that in field mode it would not ground balance in our dried out drought soil whatsoever. Pop over to park and it’s fine but not in field just won’t get a tone to hear the ground the go number just floats around.

Just curious as i have said many times that I basically dig everything i can at my age but I don’t use numbers to identify targets as they are not 100% reliable.
But the targets are still there.
I would think same applies to ground balance, the numbers might differ some as others have said but the machine is still actually ground balanced is it not ?
Just think of old detectors you have used, me for example a tesoro, you pumped coil up and down sound told you weather you were positive, negative and you hunted.
The numbers being somewhat off is like the dial being somewhat off i didn’t play with the dial all day long if it sounded good and found targets then it was fine.
I seem to remember fretting about it and everyone said just turn the dial and hunt
So i did now everyone seems to freak out if the numbers are off. Jmo if it is quite and finds targets then all is good. I think my point is we can get obsessed with that screen and numbers and say well its not the target I expected ( if i had a dollar every time that happened) and blame the detector for the wrong number. Same with ground balance now.
If detectors still had no screens and numbers we wouldn’t even be thinking about this and still enjoy the hobby. Technology has just made us spoiled and in cases frustrated.
How do we know then for example take a ML Nox or XP right, gives a number for gb we assume it’s exactly correct because of price, maybe numbers don’t fluctuate but do we know for sure that number it gives is 100% accurate? Do we know its gb’d optimum it can possibly be ? What if its actually off but just not displayed to us.
Maybe it gives a number of constant 15 but really suppose to be a 25.
Maybe just me if it’s usable and finding targets we should, and thats key word,
Be happy with it. Again jmo i am no engineer and could be wrong but just enjoy the hobby even without the technology

I've not had any issues ground balancing , put it in A , find a clean spot , a couple of pumps and it locks right in. Then I put it in tracking mode and forget about it. The parks here are all "artificial" and the ground could change with every dump truck load of dirt that may have been hauled in and I think the machine is going to be better at sensing that and adjusting than I am. I also like to noise cancel before GB

Just curious as i have said many times that I basically dig everything i can at my age but I don’t use numbers to identify targets as they are not 100% reliable.
But the targets are still there.
I would think same applies to ground balance, the numbers might differ some as others have said but the machine is still actually ground balanced is it not ?
Just think of old detectors you have used, me for example a tesoro, you pumped coil up and down sound told you weather you were positive, negative and you hunted.
The numbers being somewhat off is like the dial being somewhat off i didn’t play with the dial all day long if it sounded good and found targets then it was fine.
I seem to remember fretting about it and everyone said just turn the dial and hunt
So i did now everyone seems to freak out if the numbers are off. Jmo if it is quite and finds targets then all is good. I think my point is we can get obsessed with that screen and numbers and say well its not the target I expected ( if i had a dollar every time that happened) and blame the detector for the wrong number. Same with ground balance now.
If detectors still had no screens and numbers we wouldn’t even be thinking about this and still enjoy the hobby. Technology has just made us spoiled and in cases frustrated.
How do we know then for example take a ML Nox or XP right, gives a number for gb we assume it’s exactly correct because of price, maybe numbers don’t fluctuate but do we know for sure that number it gives is 100% accurate? Do we know its gb’d optimum it can possibly be ? What if its actually off but just not displayed to us.
Maybe it gives a number of constant 15 but really suppose to be a 25.
Maybe just me if it’s usable and finding targets we should, and thats key word,
Be happy with it. Again jmo i am no engineer and could be wrong but just enjoy the hobby even without the technology

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!! I watch videos by Paystreak Superfreak on Utube and he doesn't hunt by VDI; he hunts by tone(s). When it's viable, he's in the field hunting everyday, all day long.
LEARN THE TONES.
Here's an example of his videos:

Manual says not necessary to GB, just let the machine find the quiet channel. Thats a foreign concept to me but it seems to work.