Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally Found A Ring

Found this ring this afternoon ... my assumption it is a purity ring. Says "True Love Waits" on the outside. Nothing on the inside of the ring indicates what it is made out of.

The coins that came out the ground were heavily corroded. This came out without any corrosion. But it wasn't buried very deep but deep enough in the dirt.

How do you tell what ring is made of?

Thanks

Usually silver is marked but sometimes those marks can wear off if worn for a long time.
I found one one too, this is what one of these in silver looks like.
Hard to tell from your pic but silver has a certain look to it you get to know if you find enough of it.

It could be silver...or steel, nickel or zinc, a big clue is where it came in on your detector.
A better clue is to test it for silver...if it fails then you will know at least one thing it is not.

Great find no matter what it turns out to be.

There are two really simple and easy test for silver. One you can try a magnet. If a magnet sticks to it, it is plated at best but not silver. A mustard test which you can use common household yellow mustard is a quick and easy way to test for silver also. While acid test are found online fairly cheap, I would not suggest storing such stuff at home. You can find mustard test online also. Good Luck. That ring does look silver. I have one that has a name on it.

Rings are great finds, congrats

Congrats on the ring find!