Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally found and bought a 6'' DD coil for my T2 :thumbup:

Mega

Just bought a 6'' DD coil for my T2 which is made by Coiltek,always like the factory 5'' coil its deadly especially when using AM mode,only trouble is you dont have much ground coverage with it,the only other option and the next size that was available was the SEF 8x6 coil,a great coil and i do use one.

But the coil size that i always wanted but its taken a very long time to find is a 6'' coil which as far as i am aware is not sold,but this one off coil came up for sale and is ultra rare.so i had to have it,so it should be with me by the weekend.Its only 1'' bigger than the factory 5'' coil but it makes alot of difference and will probably stay on the detector most of the time.

This will be one of my all time favourite combinations,after all these years of waiting i have finally located one.Ultra rare but all the best things in life are worth waiting for

I've always been very choosey abut what coils I have attached to different detectors and it's good you found what you wanted for your T2. Hopefully you'll find out this weekend if that new 6" and your T2 are going to be happy together. Most of the coils I use on a regular basis are in the 5" to 7" size, and I used to prefer a 5" DD on my Omega 8000's for tight cover and dense trash, and liked the round 8" Concentric off a Delta for day-to-day hunting. But now my Omega's sport a 7" Concentric that is a happy medium size and it is working well for me so far.

Best of success to you this weekend.

Monte

Monte said:
I've always been very choosey abut what coils I have attached to different detectors and it's good you found what you wanted for your T2. Hopefully you'll find out this weekend if that new 6" and your T2 are going to be happy together. Most of the coils I use on a regular basis are in the 5" to 7" size, and I used to prefer a 5" DD on my Omega 8000's for tight cover and dense trash, and liked the round 8" Concentric off a Delta for day-to-day hunting. But now my Omega's sport a 7" Concentric that is a happy medium size and it is working well for me so far.

Best of success to you this weekend.

Monte

Monte,just a quick update,this 6'' coil is about as good as it gets,it has stayed on the T2 since of received it some months back,it is possibly slightly deeper than the 5'' coil,but it was the extra ground coverage that i was mainly looking for.This coil delivers on my permissions,especially good for trashy roman/saxon sites and certainly does not miss much.
One thing that i have noticed and is very important is that i have been using AM mode for the best part of the whole year and although one could use audio as the main source of target information,TID is far more critical and since changing over to AM mode the screen has been much more reliable and locks onto targets far better than in discrimination mode,which did tend too bounce around,but in AM mode is rock solid and more reliable at depth,but since adding this 6'' coil it rarely fluctuates by much,so one can rely more on what the screen is telling you.Of course this is just my opinion and my observations from using this 6'' coil.

Almost all my detectors have been changed over onto smaller coils,the only main one that i cannot do so is my Deus which of course has the 9'' coil on,another observation that i have also noticed is that since throttling back on the sensitivity/gain on my detectors including the main 2 the Deus and T2 these machines run not only alot smoother but also the finds have increased as well.

I still prefer smaller-size search coils for standard service on all my detectors, but I did make a change with my Omega 8000's. In October I had a 7" Concentric con each of them, but a couple of weeks ago I added a Fisher F44 and moved one of the 7" Concentric coils to it. That V4 Omega 8000 now sports a 5" DD and the newer V6 Omega kept the 7" Concentric mounted.

Monte