Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally get out of the house for the first hunt

leesumm

Ok, finally get to get out of the house with the new MD. Wife and I went to a place where they used to have a community picnic a dance after wards and then fireworks on the 4th of July . Now its an everything park with a concession stand . Ok spent about an hour an half walking around the grounds getting the feel of it . Picked up a lot of pull tabs and crushed cans and 14 cents , one dime and 4 pennies. So I guess this is a start
Now. as I posted earlier I live with about 150,000 acreas of wilderness behind me Most of which is National Forest. What I didnt say is there is several forest roads that go and go but then dead end. At the dead end during deer, bear, and turkey the hunters camp there. I was thinking someone has got to loose some change , a knife etc. . Along with the post someone replied be carefull in the National Forest. Well today the Local US Forestry office held an open house and put out some new revised maps (which as the government goes , they changed the size of the paper the color of the background etc and said they were new maps.
So I go and find the US Forestry Law Enforcement office and tell him my thoughts with the MD. His reply " as long as one is not using a detector on historic, or archeological grounds. which in most cases is well marked with signs and three 3 small white dots somewhere (he didnt say) ". But as far as looking where the hunters camped, camp grounds around lakes etc etc . if its not historic its ok