Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally getting a Time Ranger

Bucksport

It has only taken me 12 years lol. Ever since I have read about Ed and Pineapple talk about theirs when I first purchased my tracker IV I have wanted one. Sure, I could have purchased a different coil for one of my existing machines, or bought a newer machine, but this is one I have wanted for a long time. I fully understand that I will be using older technology. Also realize that I take my tracker IV out with me on every hunt right now. It is not what is deeper or the newest that interests me. I am a simple man with simple pleasures. I placed the order today, and expect it by Friday. Don't expect any mind blowing finds, just more of the same from a happy detectorist :)

Then that my friend, makes the Time Ranger THE perfect machine for you!! Congrats and good luck!!

HH y'all.

Frank

Indeed it does Frank, thanks from a fellow AF Vet :usaf:

Just as long as you're happy that's the important part. You said a lot right there.
Never had a Time Ranger myself but always thought they must be a good detector
from what I have heard. Not into the depth thing either although I am sure the TR
is quite respectable in that regard. Don't have to have the newest either. My thinking
is what you're hunting for doesn't have a clue or care how new or old or expensive
your detector is. Just as long as you're happy while you are out there swinging it.
I think just like you. I'm a AF vet too. Best of luck with your Time Ranger ! Gene

Aim High my brothers.....except when MDing.....then aim low!! Lol

HH y'all.

Frank

Congratuations on the purchase of your newest Bounty Hunter!
You can't go wrong no matter which model you choose with Bounty Hunter. Because they are all a good value for the money spent. I've heard that the Time Ranger is a great model and it finds the goodies too. I've also heard that it has decent depth too.

Thanks BH505Man, I have owned The Quick Draw II, Landstar, and my first, Tracker IV. They definitely are fun machines.
There appears to be some correlation to owning a Bounty Hunter machine and being an AF Vet :) I separated out of Washington state BTW. I miss that area.
take care and HH

Congratulations on the Time Ranger. I have a TR and love it. The TR has good depth. I've hit dimes over 6" deep.

It looks like I acquired a freshly assembled unit :) The manufacture date inside the battery compartment is April 2014. Can't get any newer than that.

Took the new machine out this morning to give it a test run. I started out with the 8" coil. I was very impressed at how quiet it was. I even had it at max sensitivity. After digging several targets I decided to change to the 4" coil. I have always preferred this coil over the larger one. I usually manage just about the same depth.
After a few targets I decided to try the sniff feature. After scanning a target it will only hit on other targets plus or minus 15 numbers of the original scan. This feature also give just a high tone for every target. I really liked hunting like this. I pulled 2 nickels and 4 older tabs. A few of those were between 5-6 inches down, and that is with the 4" coil!
Overall I am very pleased with this machine. I do not think I could have found another machine as versatile for the price I paid.

Congrats Bucksport. Hope you continue to enjoy your machine for a long, long, long time.

GL!

HH y'all.

Frank

Your going to love the Time Ranger. I also upgraded from the Tracker IV to the TR with money I found with the Tracker. The TR has a serious learning curve, but after re-reading the manual and mastering the pin pointing feature, I no longer find the features intimidating. Like others, I wish that the all metal mode (4) displayed target id, but I'm not going to complain because the depth in that mode is crazy.
I wanted to test the sensitivity of the 4" coil, and was able to detect a 2 grain (0.1296 gram) small link of 14k gold necklace at 1.5" inches in mode 4. Have fun with your TR, and continue to post your finds.