Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally got a chance to tinker with At Pro

Jerry-Wi

I am starting to feel somewhat better so got out to my workshop today and did a little tinkering with the At Pro. I turned down a wood broom handle on the lathe to make an extension for the arm rest. I moved it back a good four inches and it improves the balance a lot.

The floor in my workshop is concrete and does not have any mesh. The floor ground balanced at 92. I spent a good hour getting used to the modes and sounds from various targets. Others have reported this sort of test much better than I can so I will not go into a lot of detail. However I did notice that I had to pick the coil up a good six inches on combination targets in order to get detailed audio information. I suspect that this is going to be a good trick for shallow targets.

All in all, I had a lot of fun doing nothing. I am going to love that DD coil. Pinpointing with it is a dream and I doubt if I will need to use the pinpoint function on the At Pro very much. Can't wait for my first hunt with it.

Jerry

I have got so spoiled using the Propointer I dont bother getting that precise with the main coil, but the DD seems to hit it pretty close. I have used DD coils before and really liked them except the 14 inch one was simply too heavy. I can handle this one.

Jerry