Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally got a detector i can learn...

Gregginohio

had a really nice v3i spectrum but just couldn't get my head into the programming for its maximum use..dug a ton of trash..got a at pro and out of the bag to the yard popped a rosie and then a faint signal no reading a 1914p wheatie..deep...then found a silver dollar size brass lucky rug token..pretty nice to disc out most the iron and read a good signal..im sure the v3i woulda done better if I coulda learned it..to much to asorb.so it went down the road ..I was just digging everything with the v3i thinking it was good..and really wasnt ..getting old and short term memory sucks..The at PRO isn't as balanced as the whites feels heavier..oh well now to wait till the sun doesn't bake you to death..i still use the garrett ace 250 in the bushes and big weedy places..now to find a ring and a large cent my bucket list..newbie with a t year metal detecting hobby..Gregg in ohio

Sounds like you've found a friend with that new pro, that's what makes a hunt exciting. I'm sure you'll get even better results after you've used it awhile. I live here in WV and this heat is awful, especially in the middle of the day.

Gregg, I too have a V3i and I do well with it, but sometimes it is better to not have to think about settings. This is my second V3i and I also had a Vx3 so I got to know what to adjust and what not to adjust. I believe the Garrett AT Pro is one of the best detectors in trash that I have ever used. Learn to use the "iron audio feature" and you will be picking coins out of the rusty iron. For some reason, I dug more Indian Head pennies with my AT pro then any detector I have ever used. It is also a very under rated detector for depth. I sure wish there had been some detectors like the AT Pro, F5, and Omega when I started out detecting. After twenty years of trying all of the "high priced" detectors, I find myself using the mid range detectors most of the time. When you get your coil over a large cent you will dig it and start looking for another coin to check of your "bucket list".

Since I got my Pro back last Spring from being overhauled it's my main detector while hunting. Got a new standard coil, and the 5x8.
That and it being waterproof , well it's hard to beat. But sometimes I just gotta trade off for my Ace 250. Got one of the first ones sold and never had to send it back for anything. Now counting clad, silver and gold mostly rings, these two have more than paid for themselves. In this hobby a detector with a little skill and some luck can pay for itself in one swing. Not today tho, the ground is hard as rock and things just didn't feel like it was worth being out. Next couple of days gonna be in the hi nineties. Time to slip into a lake with the Infinium. Maybe a lil evening fishing too. There's Treasure out there but be careful and responsible in your digging.

the at pro is great....im actual cherry picking stuff and leaving the junk behind..i have a 1850,s house 17 acres..at one time I think the yard has been backfilled to keep water out of basement which makes coin targets 10-15 inches deep..need a mini pull behind backhoe lol..lots of faint no reading targets and they usually produce a wheatie...stuff is so deep here..but running the pro open mode iron audio on sure weeds out the crap..i never seen so many tin foil pie pans in a yard and the scrap where the blacksmiths shop was...along with horse shoes..did find 2 flattened brass powder horns on pistol one rifle...a GAR lapel pin minus the rotted off ribbon..so stuff is here just deep..now to find the river fording places lots of indian camps around here hardin county ohio fort mccarther is just west of me..the 1879 Platt map book sure helps for field hunting old house sites..and school house sites ..happy hunting ..now to do the Scioto river, is way low and you can walk in it..Gregginohio