Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally got a Deus, my first impressions...

Jeff in Pa

Took my Deus out to an area that I have pulled many, many silvers and wheats from today and I gotta say I love this machine! I am used to the Etrac and the speed of this machine is amazing! I ended up hunting at 12 KHz, sensitivity at 90, 15 disc, reactivity 1, TX 2 using full tones and just listened for those nice tones. My best find was a Merc with other junk in the hole at Approx. 9". Had a nice solid 90 to 91. Also got some wheats and clad but I have pounded that same coin with my Etrac and it never seen it due to the junk that was with it. Amazed me completely!!

Anxious for tomorrow!,

Jeff

I have the same feelings about the Deus. Super cool unit. Best part was, after about an hour or so, I switched to another unit (just to confirm my need to sell it...I always give a unit one last stand prior to selling ! ) and was amazed at how I could not stand the headphone cord !!! Got so used to no chord to contend with when I got down to dig a target, that when I used the other unit after, it kept getting in the way.

Pulled several wheaties and a silver Rosie first time out not even knowing what I was doing other than digging solid repeatable, higher toned signals. Lots of modern trash in the area I was hunting.I think I was using a program the previous owner loaded. Did dig a few older bottle caps but that's ok. Never really looked at the screen much and I had it mounted on the shaft. Amazing how there is no lag at all with wireless and the recovery speed/reactive speed on this unit is amazing.

A keeper for sure.

Now I have to sell a unit to get the 11 inch coil ! Can't wait to hit the dry and semi-wet sand with this unit.

I too am already thinking of the 11" coil. The speed of this machine just baffles me after coming from several Minelabs.

Don't take me wrong on that because those Minelabs will pull a lot of silver but right now I am luvin this XP!!

Got a little bit today in the wind we have going on. I hunted in 12 KZ with 15 disc. My best find was a sterling silver ring with turquoise hearts at 5".

I put the control box in an armband and I like that much better and its safer in it. I really enjoying this Deus!!

I have Andy's book ordered. That will be fun to have and learn much more about this little speed demon!!

I am glad to see you like the machine and thanks for the trade...I still have my other Deus...I am just so used to the E-trac....I have a 11x13 extra coil laying around?

I would love to try that coil but right now it's not in the budget with Christmas coming and three kids to buy for.