Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally Got A Straight Shaft

I finally got a straight shaft for my Sovereign.
For the longest time I have been putting off making one.
This one came up for $75.00 delivered, I thought about it.......
"could I make that in an hour? - plus materials ", nope.
So I went for it. Seems nice. But I have to shorten the lower,
it's a couple inches too long for me.

This set up is an original Sovereign, with a DTI III meter, and a Seasearch coil with the wings removed.
(on an Anderson shaft)
This original Sovereign is one I bought some months ago. I still have the first Sovereign I bought.
It's an XS. I'd like to try that box on this set up too.

Here is a picture of that first Sovereign.
(DTI III and BBS 800 coil)

I bought some anodized aluminum tubing, one black, and one green. You can see it in the 3rd picture.
It's 3/4" dia. They have some one inch O.D., but I didn't see 7/8".
My plans were to make some lowers, but work keeps getting in the way.

Fisherfinder

$75 is a good price.. there just doesnt seem to be a good cheap sustitute for that sovereign handgrip.. enjoy..

My suggestion for better balance mount your control box underneath you arm cuff.Good price,the straight shaft will eliminate fatigue in a long search. HH Ron

bootyhoundpa said:
$75 is a good price.. there just doesnt seem to be a good cheap sustitute for that sovereign handgrip.. enjoy..

Yeah, I figured I couldn't make one for that, so that's how I made my decision to go for it.

You're right about the hand grip. I have thought about that plenty in the past. Looked at some camera hand grips, the cost kills those.

Ron from Michigan said:
My suggestion for better balance mount your control box underneath you arm cuff.Good price,the straight shaft will eliminate fatigue in a long search. HH Ron

Hey Ron, once again you're right. ( It was you that told me to go with a straight shaft set up)
This unit feels a little coil end heavy. True, I need to shorten the lower a couple of inches, but, I figure it still will be a bit coil end heavy after I do that.
Looking at this shaft it's a bit tricky to relocate the box so that it's centered under the arm cuff. Tricky, but not impossible.
Also, I have to alter this shaft so that it's a two piece shaft. I need it to fit into a backpack because of.......
well,..... I need to walk, hike in, and sometimes climb, to get to where I need to get to.

I have this other issue.

The original Sovereign uses this set up for the batteries.

I can live with that for a while, I guess.

My XS uses one of these battery packs.

I only have the one. That white one.

In the background you can see that black one. It's from some kind of RC car thing.
It has the wrong socket on it.
I was hoping one of the guys could swap out the socket so I could use it for a spare.

If someone could do that for me I can send him some money.

Any battery pack guys out there?

Fisherfinder