Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally got out 14th ring this year and a little silver!!

godigit1

I hunted for about 7.5 hours at a fairgrounds that's been hit pretty hard over the years but I always manage to pull something good from there. Although getting allot of nickels in the 60s era I have found no silver coins. And only one wheat out of about $40 in clad. I think the sink rate there makes them too deep. $6.78 in clad oldest coin a 59 nickel. The ring was three inches deep and read a constant 55 on the VDI I was at 50% sens due to EMI and disc at 40. The silver earring was about 7 inches deep and read 85 on the VDI. Even with all the emi and 50 % power I was pulling nickels from the 8 inch range.

[attachment 196440 DSCN0856.JPG]
[attachment 196441 DSCN0863.JPG]
[attachment 196442 DSCN0859.JPG]

Thanks for looking!

I have noticed that I am dragging the shield and V nickels out of the farm fields a lot better this year. Seems to be a no brainer with the G2. Ring em up and dig em up. Thanks for sharing your finds.

Don
HH

Nice finds for you, too. Man, you guys are about to force me into one of these machines as well. HH jim tn

WTG!!!!!!!

if you are finding "nickles" at a measured 8" @ 50% power,i want in!
can conceivably find "silver" @ better depths @ 50% power,because of better conductivity
of the metal! .if true,this is "outrageous" performance for 19 khz!..just sayin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Nice finds..
Is the ring with the script looking N on it 2 different types of gold ?

JimGilmore said:
Nice finds..
Is the ring with the script looking N on it 2 different types of gold ?

Hey Jim,
It says Black Hills Gold 10k 12k on the back so my guess is the patterning of black hills gold is 10k and the ring itself is 12k.
Ive worked the area it came from at least three times before Allot of tabs there as its under what is fondly referred to as the beer tree during the fairs.