Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally Got Out Detecting And Washing Roots To Get Flour Gold

John-Edmonton

Staff member

Been kind of crazy at work because of Covid - 19. I now have my own unit where admissions have to be on isolation for 14 days before they can begin physical therapy fore knee and hip replacements. We live in very different times compared to 4 moths ago. We all need to get out more to detect, prospect, golf, hike or just to get out in the wild.

Anyhow, here's last weeks finds. Below is some flour gold I got washing roots from grass and weeds at the high water mark at the local river. Roots seem to have an infinity to attracting gold and hanging on to it. This was about 1 1/2 hours worth of using my highbanker to get all the sand off the roots.

DSC_0055.jpg

Hi guy...

All that come out of the water? I wish I could find somewhere that I could get that many coins and other cool stuff each time out. Let alone getting flour gold with a little high banker...

Find me a spot up there near you that I can retire on cheap and go metal detecting whenever I want....ahhh the good life.

I tend to get a few clad pennies, a bunch of aluminum foil, bottle caps, pull tabs with rings and with out, etc..

Problem is such limited areas that allow detecting where I live, It is so crazy, The rules change depending on the county, city, township, state park, county park, local park, schools, even park to park in the same county. Half of the time the officials, local police, park personnel, etc. do not even know what the rules really are. I tend to print them out for each park, township, city, etc. so that I have a copy in my car and carry it with me when detecting just in case there is a question about it being allowed or not. I pull out the paper and show them and indicate that this is why I thought it was OK....but I'll leave if you say so, that type of conversation.

The one park I go to ALOT, is a Michigan State park run by the DNR that allows detecting. Never get any questions there. But it is VERY trashy and very heavily detected, being one of the few really nice places in the local area to go. I've did the beach area pretty extensively, the pic-nic and park areas a bit (they are HUGE (acres), and the water only a couple times (only up to knee deep). Want to get out into the water a bit more everywhere between ankle and shoulder deep. Hopefully get more jewelry and less trash I hope.

Keep up the good posts with all the great finds.

The coins were from a park, the gold is from a river that just flooded recently. It take a lot of gold to make a gram. It's all fun!