Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally got out this year for 2nd time.

Been very busy this year so far late winter going away here and my elderly parents moved so been busy helping out with that.

I finally got out today this afternoon for about an hour and a half between the raindrops.
Keep trying to get used to this machine so I persevere on. I have it set at 8khz, reactivity 1, silencer 1, iron volume 0, 6.8 on discrimination, depth volume thing at 4, and 4 tones. I'm still in version 2 never did the upgrade.

Went to a close by down the street local park I've been pounding for the last 3 years. Went out into the park and tried targets and I found if the sound was a full 360 circle sweeping of the target it was good, if it vanished or cut out temporarily while circling it it was trash.

I found unbelievably a 1944 silver Washington quarter first down about 5-6 inches and had rust up against the face of it and I cleaned it with baking soda wet. It read in the low to mid 90's like 92 I think and in 8khz I think Andy's book says silver quarters should read around 89 so don't go by the numbers go by the sound.

Earlier most readings read like 95-98 and turned out to be trash or iron items so was trying to go by Andy's comments on page 69 in the book figuring most items under silver quarter like the silver dime would be 90 or less but not quite so here in my soil. Ground reading on the machine in manual factory reads very high 80's like 87 all the time going up to 90 so must bee very mineralized soil here.

The second coin is a 1924 mercury dime and same thing good sound a full 360 circle about 5-6 inches deep and reading mid 90's like 92-94 If I remember right. Go by the sound!!!!

I hear ya, life is what happens when your waiting to go detect.......

I wish I got paid to not work so I could go out everyday......

Jim