Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally Got Out

IBdiggin

Took the grandson for an hour this morning. Ground still froze in most places. But one little 6'x6' area on the corner of an old building at the edge woods was just thawed enough to pull this great high tone from 6". I broke my digging tool getting it. A brand new site with a ton of good hits and good ground balance. I'm pretty excited and prayin for sun.------IB

Great job. I am envious as we still have about 8" of snow and frozen ground up in northern Wisconsin.

Thanks Rainyday. Down here at Adams we could use about two days of warm rain with a few 60 degree days the we should be good.----------------HH-------IB

Awesome! :thumbup: hoping today will melt this mess off good enough to get out later today...snowpiles are still way to big to hunt yet, I bet it will be May before they are gone, but perhaps I can find some open ground on the South side of somewhere...good Work!:please:
Mud

Go for it Mud, it sure felt good and I actually had to get use to listening to the tones all over again since I haven't been out since late November. We should have laws against more than 3 months of winter:thumbup:

Interesting thing I just noticed about this button which I learned are actually two piece. I thought I would air test this button since there was so many target hits in the ground around when I dug it. I was in DP so those mid tones next to it tried to cover the mid 80 tone. So I backed the sensitivity down a bit and there she was. I think the other tones were deeper good targets but the frost was too hard yet
At 60 sensitivity and 0 threshold holding it flat, it air tests 85-86 out to about 9". When I hold it on edge, between 1 and 3" it registers at 24. Between 3 and 6" still on edge it comes in at 36 and anything over 6" on edge and it is gone. I thought this was interesting. What are your thoughts as to the sounds of different high tones? I could almost swear the 85 tone from the button has a warmer , fuller sound than say like the high sweet sustaining sound of silver. Is this possible, or am I actually crazy since my mother never had me tested????!!!!!!!!! :rofl::shocked::rage:----------IB

Yeah, our Mothers were afraid to have us tested, out of fear of birthing a crazy kid, since they know best, you probably are crazy on some parameter! ..:rofl: still, nothing wrong with that, its a fine line between crazy and genius...to be classified a 'genius', you have to have documentation...like a degree from an accredited college....Same with crazy...a police report would suffice...:rofl:
Mud

Great find...hope it warms up there quick.
We all got dome findin' and much more digging to do!

Nice find IB. Good to see your getting out some.:detecting:

Nice button, IB, and I'm glad you got to get out and play. :thumbup: I think it was just shy of 80 degrees here yesterday and I'm afraid we're gonna skip Spring and go straight into Summer like usual. I'd be glad to share some of our southern weather with y'all! Especially with Mud, who seems to know a little too much about genius and crazy! My wife has a very wise philosophy when dealing with some people, especially some of her family: "Don't poke the crazy person", she says! :poke: :crazy:

WTB

Great everybody and thanks, it's good to get active again. As for the sanity I can honestly say as I get older it seems more apparent that I am slowly becoming a legion in my own mind :lol:

But since Mudpuppy didn't answer my question I gotta ask again. Is it possible with the F70 to have separate sounding high tone for different types of metal in the same high tone areas? I would check myself in the air but I don't have a silver quarter yet.--------IB

Sorry! I forgot, its bingo night down at the KofC and I will be trapped here taking care of the dog and perhaps watching CNN to see if theres any "Breaking News" regarding the lost jet..dont want to miss any "updates":rofl:....pretty sure I'll hang out here on the forum and cause a little trouble too!

Anyway, high tones..sure sure, you can start to develop some sort of feel for them after a while running DP...now, that said, NO, right off the bat a piece of copper, brass, aluminum, hotwheel car, will fool a guy, but after a while, a single silver coin signal is tight and specific, a beautiful tone!...slanted spills and multidenom stacks, not so much....so again, its down to speedy retrieval and trying to recognize good tones from junk, which can only be determined through lots of digging, and maybe not even then!

Whats gonna happen is this: You WILL find a silver Q someday, and it will probably be shallow, and you might not even know it until you get home and look at your finds...

I once found 2 silver 1940ish Q's together in a plastic money pouch with a brass snap button on it...it was a deep and curious signal at the edge of a parking lot where the snow was pushed outside a school..running light and fast to work that area, this signal jumped out 'cause it was deeper than most, typical crappy picture I take, but you get the idea.:beers:.
Mud