Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally got OUT!!!!

Woodchuck

Its been how many months since I have been out and truly hunted. My hunting partner been down with health problems then had back surgery. I have IPAH and being on oxygen 24/7 is no joke .If I'm not hooked up to the oxygen in house. I have to strap on a heavy oxygen tank to try and get out and just in itself wears me out to even try to detect with it on. So finally my buddy was up to go detecting with me again and I was game. I had a new to me Tesoro Silver Sabre, that I hadn't truly used yet outside besides tried it in the house. So off we went today at 8:30 this morning it was a whopping 29 degrees out here in VA. Dressed up in digital camouflage grabbed my gear and dang oxygen tank and off we went. We decided to hit a local city park, called Jackson park it use to be a pretty good farm plantation in its day.? Anyhow I said I wasn't going to wear the dang tank. Between that and the digging gear and trying swing the detector it wasn't going to happen. So if I go nice and slow and stay in one spot I might last. I decided to play in the tot lot. Now mind you I wasn't versed in the Sabre yet, set Sensitivity at 6, Disc at 3, threshold at about 12 O'CLOCK High and of I went. Now the S ,Sabre has the guts that the Troy Shadow X2 has with some modifications along with the Troy 7 inch coil. I loved the X2's that I had owned and wish I still had one Big Dummy got rid of her twice.. I found the Silver Sabre to be just like the X2 in its hunting characteristics . Super sensitive loves nickles just like X2, picks up the smallest of things ,it impressed the crap out of me LOL. The only problem I had was getting near the equipment, but with a little luck and experimenting I was able to pull some stuff by the sound. difference in bleep .that was close to the metal poles. I was using the stock brown donut coil on Silver Sabre, if I can get a smaller coil on it . She will be the Cats NEOW ! So I was quite thrilled with getting out and todays finds. See pics PS and what I thought was a junk broken ring when I looked at it later was a faint mark of .925 and a whole 2.22 grams of Silver. My flame to metal detect was non existent lately it is now been re kindled Thanks for reading fellow hunters.

Hi woodchuck,
Shiite, didn´t know that you were down on health in that extent.
Hope that you can soon kick the habbit of having to hit the bottle :)please: - just joshin`)
Just got a Tesoro myself not too far back - lovin´it ´cause it is as light as a feather compared to most of my other rigs.
Makes hunting fun again, not having to be a weight lifter for hours on end.
Wish you well
hh
skookum

Good for you Woodchuck, glad you could get out ! HH

Glad to hear you got out and about for a hunt Woodchuck. Congratz on the saves.
HH

Yellow paper clip is still on my bucket list . Glad you got out and was able to find a piece of silver .

Just being able to get out and "swing a coil" while experiencing the adventure is good for the mind and body. I have a Troy Shadow X2 that I use with the stock Super 7" coil ONLY because I have all my trim-pots set for my mild ground conditions with that detector/coil combination and I tend to favor smaller coils versus larger ones. Congrats on finding some silver and here's hoping your "detecting flame" stays lit!

Glad you were able to get out and hunt. Heath problems are always tough but getting moving and enjoying what you love is the best.

nice assortment ofinds

Hey Woodchuck, glad you were able to get out and use your Silver Sabre µMax and to be able to do it without toting an oxygen bottle around. Hope you are able to get out more often now. Congratulations on the finds.

Hi Woodchuck ! :)

If I counted right, you dug (49) targets. That's a lot of down and up leg exercise ! More finds than I've ever done in a single outing since I started metal detecting in December, 2005 with a Garrett 250 ! You're still a very determined young man. ;)

Looking forward to your continued posts and pictures of finds !

ToddB64

Thanks guys for the kind words and encouragement, yeah having to live this way always being tethered to a plastic line or having to use a tank when going out is akin to a ball and chain.. I don't look forward to the future where this disease will only get worse and there is no cure.....

You just need to concentrate on keeping that "detecting flame" lit:detecting: An old Rolling Stone song comes to mind..."Ruby Tuesday"...Loose your dreams and you will loose your mind...lot of truth to those lyrics! They say the mind has much more power than the body if used correctly:thumbup:

It just got even better ,went to a foot doctor yesterday, due to fact that I dropped a china dish on it ,I was barefoot it happened at least a month ago. And it still been hurting turns out I severed a toe tendon.And while I was there my left ankle and foot and leg swells up part of having IPAH .Anyhow ankle feels week when walking. had him look at it also. Well guess what a major tendon is severed in my ankle also.that I did not know about either. So I have function problem in both feet know, the one is a major surgery requires putting me under. Last time I was put under to remove fluid around my heart due to IPAH they messed up my jaw when they intubated me. I went through hell for over a year with my jaw.. Due to my IPAH I am high risk to be put under , I'm not going to have no surgery anytime soon no way!

Woodchuck thats some bad news .Dont know what else to say except I hope you get some good news soon . Have a happy thanksgiving .