Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally got out

Went hunting with a friend this past weekend, we hit a couple of Indian Villages that date pre-1640..very hard bush to get through..however the T2 came through again..we found the remains of French Trade knives, awls and lots of bits of the copper Trade pots that the Idians used..nicest find was a complete Trade axe or perhaps Hachet...marked on both sides..and of course the T2 found that one..not the minelab...since my friend had never found a Trade axe..and he is really into the Indian stuff,, I gave it to him.

Going back up that way in the fall, after a bit more research.

Wonder when the smaller coil is coming out..could really use it in that area

Dean
Whitby Canada

If you can post a picture that would be great.......
love seeing that early trade stuff!
HH,
Bill

As I gave the axehead to Wess I will ask him to post a photo here..right now he is on a course with the Canadian Army, and I don't know when he gets back..but when he does..I'll ask him.

Dean

Come on Dean...you didn't mention who found the largest amount of items ;) We all know ANY detector will pick up a trade axe :D

Thanks for the axe though bud! ;)

I have yet to work my magic on this piece yet Dean...but I will show you the finished product when I get it all cleaned and preserved.

Thanks again!

Sorry for the small pic...but it wouldn't allow anything larger. I need to get myself some photo editing software.

Wess

I love that makers mark on the blade, it's still nice and clear.

Dean