Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally got that 6x10 DD

hodr

I have been waiting pretty much since the day I bought my V3 to pick up this coil since everyone keeps saying it is great for the type of hunting I do (coin & jewelry at parks / schools). I kept hoping that it would show up in one of those special deals White's occasionally runs, but it never does. Finally broke down and bought it today because I want it for next week if the sun decides to come out and melt the rest of this snow.

Too bad nobody wants to buy these D2's on eBay or I would be able to recoup some of my investment.

I will let you guys know how I like it (so far my favorite coil on the V3 is the 950, the 5.3 and 10 D2 basically never get used).

[attachment 153757 whites.gif] The 6x10 is a great coil. I use the 9.5 at the beach. My 5.3 doesn't get used that much. The D2 is a very good coil and we use it most of the time when we are hunting silver here in Illinois. It is sensitive and was made to go deep and it does. Each coil has its use, that's why it don't use the 5.3 even though it's a good coil. It just doesn't fit my hunting style and sites.

I can run my D2 at RX15 and 90 sensitivity, so what's so bad about the coil? It's a winner for me. Rob

Personally I like the home made coat hanger D3.5 It's really quite a coil. And comes from an ancient egyptian book of the dead recipe, to properly align all the geomagnetic forces with exceptional discrimination. :) hee..hee

Actually I'm envious.. I like getting new toys, congrats.. and hope you find lots of good stuff on your outings.

Guess I should clarify, I ordered it today (didn't buy from the dealer since its a pretty long drive). I will do the gain test and let y'all know when I have it in hand.

Ohh, and the procedure is to hold it out at waist level see what it suggests first, then max the settings and check for overload, right?

I have 3 coils for my V3, a 4.5x7" EXcelerator Elliptical, a 950 and of course the the stock DD. I too spend the majority of my time with the DD. Although I have found my first gold ring with the 4x7 and my second gold with the 950, I dont know if it is just me but I find my target separation is better with the DD than the 950. Although, pinpointing is easier with the 950.
Aaron

I've tried most of the stock coils (Mixture of V rated and non.) but not that 6x10. The stock DD has been incredible in old iron trash sites with moderate to deep targets. Separation is tight, tight, tight! (Bet It'd be the same with that 6x10.) A good hardcore comparison would be awesome! Just did a search and couldn't find a decent head to head?

Needing to get out and check my DFX's non-V 950 on the V. Raining sideways in Seattle.

Ok, got the coil in today.

Did the gain test in-doors in my (suspected) EMI heavy apartment.

The 6x10 was falsing a bit indoors, but it would provide a suggested gain of 15 (and at 15 it was losing est 8% signal, 4% at rx :geek:.

This is in contrast to my supposedly V rated Eclipse 5.3, which I checked at the same time and provided a suggested gain of 2 (and at RX 15 had >50% signal loss). The 5.3 was not falsing at the same settings as the 6x10 though. I think this coil may be bad (since it gives such low ratings), but it works for tot-lots, so I have not bothered to do anything about it.

I also tested my v rated 950 coil at the same time (also a quiet coil, and the one I use the most often). This coil gave a suggested RX gain of 7 in my apartment, but with the RX at 7 and the disc at 92 in my apartment (and 3 ft from my 50" lcd tv) it will peg a dime at 9 inches (but only at 10 if I jack the rx to 12-15, wierd!). This coil has worked the best for me and restored my faith in the V3.

My other coil (I didn't bother to test this one in doors) is the 10dd. I returned the one that came with the detector because it falsed non-stop. This one I think is queter, but will not detect a coin (again in my indoors test) as far as my 950 will.

I do my tests indoors because I cant build a garden at my apartment, and I never remember to do any testing in field.

I am hopeful for this 6x10 since it pegs the rx indoors, just hope it will quiet down outside (it falses constantly even with the rx low indoors).

EDITED BELOW-----------------------------

Noticed that it quiets down completely in salt beach mode (suspect because of the salt copensate, as mentioned here by others).

The coil will reliably detect a clad dime at 6" (same w/ penny, and maybe an extra 0.5 inch with a quarter) with the gain as low as 7 (didn't try lower), but will only go as far as 7.5 inches if I up the gain to 13-15 (disc 92, am 60). And of course, this is in my noisy house.

This is in comparison to my 950, which will see a dime at about 9 inches with the gain at 7 (to as much as 10.5 when maxxed).

Does 6" sound in line with what you guys get with your 6x10? I was honestly hoping to get closer to the 9 (considering I expected to be able to run it flat out) and I am not sure how much a six inch coil will really do for me.

I bought a 6x10 dd for my v3 only to find out later that is was not v nulled. but seems to be working fine though. pinpointed a weatie at 5 inches, but has a little bit of chatter to it can not smooth it out? tried freq. offset adjusted rx gain, no better.:surrender:

I will be sending my D2 coil back to whites (suggested RX of 1-3 and overloads on tx boost) and figured I would include the 6x10 and ask them to look at how chatty it is, becuase, like you said, it never really seems to quiet down completely.

I found, for my soil, the best combination for the 6x10 is Rx=8-10, DS=92, AM=70, TX Boost ON (seems to give 0.5-1.0 inch), Correlate (no Best Data), and filters at 10KHz Band. With these settings falsing is ok (as long as I don't bump the coil or swing too fast) and I can detect a buried quarter at between 8-8.5 inches.

I can achieve more depth without the detector in corrolate, but it is just too dang chatty to use (and that is even if I back the settings down to RX=7, DS=80, AM=60, and Boost OFF, which knocks the depth way way down).

I will let ya'll know if they replace the coil and if it works any better.