Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally got to test my new CORS Strike Coil

BH505Man

Finally got a break in the rain for a short time (about an hour). I took the T2 Classic with the CORS Strike coil mounted on it and went to a nearby school that I recently hunted using the stock 11'DD coil. Before I started hunting I Ground balanced with the sensitivity set at 50 then I cranked it up to 95, I set discrimination at 5 and went with tone set to 3. But it was chattering mostly due to all the metal in the ground so I was forced to turn it down to 75 to quiet it down. In the short time that I was able to hunt, I managed to locate 9 targets. 2 of the targets were can slaw TID 87-88. Sounded like quarters, 1 was what appeared to be a cast iron mounting sleeve of some sort, it gave a TID of 91-92 and sounded like a half dollar.1 was a pull tab that sounded out and id as a nickel 57-58 and the last junk target was what was left of a rusted out can and it gave a high tone but I don't recall the TID. Because the coil is so sensitive and I was digging up so much trash, I decided to crank up the discrimination to 80 at one point.The other 4 targets were 2 copper US cents, 1 Canadian copper cent and a clad US dime. I did notice in all cases that the depth readings were off by 1-2 inches however the TIDs were correct. The deepest coin dug was a US copper cent at 6 inches (screen read 7") and the shallowest coin was the US dime at 2 inches (screen read 3"). The verdict is now out. I believe that the stock 11"DD will spend lots of time at home in my closet and the CORS Strike will be my primary coil of choice except in super trashy areas where I will use my 5"DD. Except for the depth being off by a few inches (which I can live with), I liked the way that this coil performed. The pinpointing of this coil is dead on. Perhaps if I play around with the pinpoint sensitivity setting some maybe I can get it to give more accurate depth readings.

Tried adjusting the pinpoint sensitivity both up & down, but it didn't correct the 1 1/2" high depth reading. I believe that the only way to correct this is to have the T2 calibrated for the coil.