Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally had a chance to detect again and Compadre reaps gold ring number 15 :)

deliveryboy

Ran in all metal mode and dug all repeatable signals. found this at about 3" no markings but seems to be real gold it is bent and I can see no signs of plating/flaking I just ordered a test kit so will update you on the karat, weighed in at 4.3 grams. It appears to be a handmade piece so I assume that is why no stamp.

20131218_110040_zps604c56ac.jpg

20131218_110051_zpsaec48290.jpg

i went out a dit with the Compadre and all i got was tabs i can post a pic to prove it :rofl:ps nice find looks good

Nice signet ring, looks to be very old....congrats

Nice find! It does look old.

Way to go! That's a super nice looking gold ring. It looks old.

tabman

Looks like a beauty to me! Congrats.:clapping:
Doc

very nice , gold in Dec ....well done

Ohh mann"" thats a beauty old ring, i would just freek out if I found that , WHAT A FIND"'"

:tesoro: I know that we have a LOT of Tesoro Members here. I have owned some of the best money can buy. I just was not that happy. I do not want to start one of them MY DETECTOR IS BETTER THAN YOURS fights. Some times I will read some of the other detector threads. I have some friends on them. What I want to find out is ..... Here we have a Tesoro member that has found
15 gold rings. A few others found 12.. I even got a hand full.. Now, all these rings are found on land using Tesoros :tesoro: Than my question is , I do not see or read about other detectors finding that many GOLD rings on land. I know we have to hunt slow. We dig a lot of trash. Are Tesoros that much more sensitive to gold or are we just that dedicated or good. So do the others find that many gold rings ? I don't know !! I do know that some of the Fisher detectors are also doing good. Look at the little F2. Another beginners detector. I will still stick with what I know. My TESOROS
:tesoro: ... KEN

Great question Ken unfortunately I dont know either. I know myself and Tabdog dig alot of trash for our rewards as Im sure most of you do as well. All I do know is that somehow the Compadre really filters down the quantity of trash I dig, the frequency and the discrimination seem to be a perfect fit.

All of my Tesoros give me enjoyment when hunting and also the light weight makes it much easier on the long hunts, the other detectors seem to add stress to my hunting and I can't seem to relax with all the audio and visual stimulation. I will gladly give up the bells and whistles for relaxing fun anyday.

In summary I feel that any of the other machines could probably find the targets as well, but the simplicity of the Tesoros seems to make them far more appealing to hunt with.

I am interested in Fisher's they seem like good detectors and not so much crazy tones, they seem to have a stable tone like the tesoros, Bounty hunters are simple like that too, I loved my Tracker 4, but sold it :(

Im sure I'll still venture out and test all the brands but for now I'll enjoy my T's :)