Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally I got back out!!!!

Ronstar

The last two weeks has been mowing the pasture and anywhere else that needs mowed before winter. Then last week we had all for kids and their families home on the same weekend. After that it was clean up the house and other chores and back to normal. Today I was able to get for a couple hours! It rained .93 inches here Thursday so ground a bit damp and dust is knocked down.
Decided to go hit that old county park that once was a lake and now an outdoor dry park with various activities occurring. Spent over three hours sifting along at a slow pace hoping for an errant silver to jump up, nope, but I’m rich in old steel bottle caps!!!!
Managed 50c in modern coin that averaged 6-7” deep and missed by others and myself earlier. As I was getting close to my car I hit a 46 that was repeatable but sketchy at the same time. Ended up at 7-8” deep and that pretty copper green made an appearance. It was near where jkline pulled an IH last year so I held my breath and pulled it out. Took a bit of caressing but it turned out to be a 1919D so maybe I still got the mojo!!!! (The D is the rarer of the 1919 series but its not new truck time yet….😂)

Not your best hunt but still good to get out and dig some targets.
Old man winter is not far around the corner especially for you guys out in Idaho.
And CT 😩😩

The last two weeks has been mowing the pasture and anywhere else that needs mowed before winter. Then last week we had all for kids and their families home on the same weekend. After that it was clean up the house and other chores and back to normal. Today I was able to get for a couple hours! It rained .93 inches here Thursday so ground a bit damp and dust is knocked down.
Decided to go hit that old county park that once was a lake and now an outdoor dry park with various activities occurring. Spent over three hours sifting along at a slow pace hoping for an errant silver to jump up, nope, but I’m rich in old steel bottle caps!!!!
Managed 50c in modern coin that averaged 6-7” deep and missed by others and myself earlier. As I was getting close to my car I hit a 46 that was repeatable but sketchy at the same time. Ended up at 7-8” deep and that pretty copper green made an appearance. It was near where jkline pulled an IH last year so I held my breath and pulled it out. Took a bit of caressing but it turned out to be a 1919D so maybe I still got the mojo!!!! (The D is the rarer of the 1919 series but its not new truck time yet….😂)
Nice find on the 1919D! Next time concentrate on where you and Jkline found these two coins and hit it from multiple angles. There is more there. Good luck and keep us posted.

It's nice to find a deep one once in a while to confirm that the detector and your hunting methods are doing well.

Was out a few weeks ago at the school I found my first gold ring. Got a solid 45 on the Legend and indicating deep. Was sure it was a wheatie (maybe even an IH). Dig down a solid 8 inches and out pops a '64 Lincoln. An hour later and I get a shallow signal on another area of the field and pull out a wheatie at 3 1/2 inches. Go figure. I also dug a '64 nickel at about 8 inches. Must have been some fill in the past.

I got out today and let's say you did alot better than myself, I found a metal thingy and a salt shaker lid lol, you did good depth pulling the coinage and a old Wheatie to boot , congrats

I got out today and let's say you did alot better than myself, I found a metal thingy and a salt shaker lid lol, you did good depth pulling the coinage and a old Wheatie to boot , congrats
Some of those salt pepper shakers are silver.

I didn't think of that , I'll check it out , thanks

Well it is aluminum lol but I did think it was a piece of can slaw till I saw the holes on top , thanks didn't mean to take away from your post Ronstar, you pulling silver and me pulling junk lol 😂