Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally knocked one off the bucket list!

[size=medium]After a soaking rain yesterday, it only made sense to get out today. I took a long drive to a park in a town just outside of Boston, where I've had very good results in the past. First couple of good signals were an old wheat and an Indian, then I got a very high tone that was giving me a hard time pinpointing. I finally narrowed it down and after flipping the plug, saw a big silver rim in the dirt- I could tell it was half-dollar size. Hoping for a Barber or Seated, it ended up being my FIRST Franklin half, a 51-D. I've been hunting for close to 30 years and have found several Walkers, Barbers and Seated halves, but the Franklin has always eluded me, until today!

Nabbed an 1893 Barber dime a while later, to go along with 1881 and 1890 Indians and 10 wheats, one a 1909. A long drive, but worth the trip to check one off the list!

Hope you all got out and had success! Enjoy the pics and HH!

-- Jeff --[/size]

Well,it didn’t take me quite THAT long to find one but holy COW those things are elusive! My take on it is this....they are fairly recent,and would’ve made a big huge target for ANY hunter using anything,so they’re all but gone. I’ve also done well on big silver including those you mentioned but only last year did I find a Franklin. Yours is in very nice shape,except for that crack in the bell....;)

Congrats on the bucket list coin - I agree with IDXmonster - they were probably easy to hit when detectors first came out. I found my only Franklin in a wooded area where few would have detected.

Congradulations, I found one Franklin half when I helpd my landlord repace a stove a few years ago first thought it was a knock out from a pannel box, No idea why they are hard to come by either ive dug the same barber halfs and walkers..

Michael

Still looking for my first Franklin after 32 years ! Just ordered an XP Deus so for the first time in 17 years I won't be using an Explorer this season. Tony and will will definitely be over for a hunt this year !