Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally made the big plunge

BH505Man

After careful research and comparison I made the big plunge and ordered an Equinox 800, a 6" coil with lower rod and a power pack. I wanted to have a detector that I could use to hunt in shallow water in lakes and at the beach. I also decided that I wanted a multifrequency detector. I noticed that the people in my metal detecting club who seemed to do the best were the ones who used Minelabs. The Equinox 800 filled all these requirements. Right now, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to arrive. Tomorrow my detector is supposed to arrive (keeping my fingers crossed). The suspense is killing me. Do you know the feeling?

Congrats on your decision, having others in your group can help with the learning curve. You can download a manual in the mean time.
HH Jeff

Welcome to the Kool Kids Klub!

You have a nice detector on the way!!!
I bought one a little over a year ago and it impresses me each time I go out with it.
I just got a 6” coil for mine and have used it a couple times.... I like along with the stock coil.
Good luck to you and looking forward to seeing your future finds!!!

You have a nice detector on the way!!!
I bought one a little over a year ago and it impresses me each time I go out with it.
I just got a 6” coil for mine and have used it a couple times.... I like along with the stock coil.
Good luck to you and looking forward to seeing your future finds!!!
It was the convincing that took much longer 🤭🤭

It’s a great machine they have weak coil ears just don’t lean on it and you should be good!

Invest in coil stiffeners and a screen cover. They are well worth the small amounts they cost.
I already got them. I had ordered them shortly after ordering the Nox 800. I had read about the ears breaking off on Nox searchcoils, so decided not to take any chances...to protect my investment.

You may want to consider a new carbon fiber shaft from Detecting Innovations. I just got mine in (all black) and I’m totally impressed....and at my age I’m not easily impressed anymore! Their shaft has a unique anti - rotation channel and totally collapses to around 22” . With the new shaft were some other very useful goodies all very well packed too. It did take a few weeks to come in but well worth the wait.

High Noon

Attachments

• 222203FF-F63D-42FA-8F02-65CEDCC614AB.jpeg
    222203FF-F63D-42FA-8F02-65CEDCC614AB.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 116
  • 259FDB18-A0F6-49A7-825A-690880BF359F.jpeg
    259FDB18-A0F6-49A7-825A-690880BF359F.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 130
You wont regret your purchase look at how many good finds are being made the equinox is the best all around detector beach or land.
Mark

Make sure you watch videos on the Knox. Also watch videos where different detectors are being used in the same conditions. The Knox will make better deeper finds most of the time.

It’s a great machine they have weak coil ears just don’t lean on it and you should be good!
What brakes the ears is doing it up to tight, It needs extra spacers inside the ears so they don't bend in to far and snap or just don't do it up to tight.

Good purchase, but I think you could of saved some $$ by not buying the battery pack. I just plug in a $10 small power back up when I'm getting low in the field using the normal charging cable and wrapping it around the shaft.