Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally!! Rain and Softer ground

grumpysrb

After months we finally received enough rain (.80") to soften the ground. Been hitting the beach a little though. Hunted the edge of the soccer fields, now that the season is over, and picking up some clad, 1979 Penney being the oldest so far. Did pick up this special Penney which I dug because it was an odd 66/67 on the vdi. Usually get much higher numbers for Penney's.
Also turned in my clad for $73.69 today. Two gold rings for $336. earlier last September. Gave the 5 silver rings and 3 silver coins to my daughter, to put in the safe she got for Christmas.

Glad you got a little dirt work in...Yeah I agree, the Fall is the best time of the year for this sport! Well, Spring aint bad either, and then the Winter has been good as well,,,,Hmm, Summer beach hunting is fun and profitable too!:rofl: Nice milled penny there, Grumpy! :clapping:
Mud

That's a cool rolled copper, Grumpy! Nice totals, too! We're lucky to have a hobby that pays for itself. I was browsing through magazines the other day and picked up a HO Train one (I've always liked rockets, trains, and R/C stuff, heh). Those guys spend a lot of thousands on their gear and scenery! I haven't totaled up lately, but I think that my recycling alone buys my equipment and gas.

We've had non stop rain since June and the last 5 days have been dry. It's supposed to rain Saturday and Sunday. While I was water detecting, I didn't worry about how soft or hard the ground was. Hopefully I will get to detect some in the early am, but this plan has fell apart 4 days in a row. The ground is more conductive during or after a good steady rain and easier to dig. That's a nice penny. I used to know a guy that had a machine like that and he would charge the tourists 1 dollar to roll their pennies into the designs they wanted.

It's been very dry and the ground has been very hard. So hard many people have stopped detecting. It has slowed me down quite a bit.

Neat find. :) The ground is getting pretty dry here also. We went through several years of drought 6-7 years ago and the water bodies receded. Now it is the exact opposite for water levels. I was living far from here at the time and relic hunting. I learned later that a near by town pulled the wreckage of a W.W.2 training airplane out of a normally large slough. It was almost bone dry. I got permission to check out the old Common Wealth pilot training base and learned that this slough had a big raft on it during the war. And that it was used as a target with dummy bombs. The slough is back up to its huge size again so I missed that one until next time. The point is that if that heat down there dries things up enough to recede shorelines or dry water bodies, it may be a bonanza when the temps are tolerable. Just a thought.