Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally - silver !!

drkp88

I haven't been able to get out much this year yet (weather, work) and I've been itching for at least some silver.
I was finally able to get to a house where I've had standing permission since the winter. Funny, the place is well taken care of re grass, landscaping etc and here I was, detecting while the couple was out doing their spring gardening, yard work, etc.
I wound up with a 1941s merc, 1943s war nickel (which was caked with a tar-like coating), 1952 Rosie and a sterling shaker cap. Also found about a dozen wheats and some odds and ends.
It was a good day and I have permission to go back any time.
Bruce

It's a great feeling nailing that first silver of the year, or in my case years, Had a kid and hardly got out for quite some time... just love this machine.

You're right Diggingfx, felt great! I know what you mean re kids. I actually gave up detecting for 15 years after my kids were born. They were in their teens when I got back into it (after a divorce - lol).
You can raise a family and still detect. Budget time for yourself but remember priorities.
HH - Bruce

Hello drkp88, congratulations on breaking the ice on the silvers! Great job and on a privte too even better.

Nice finds - the last war nickel I found also had a tough coating on it. After trying my normal cleaning methods (which didn't work), I had to use nitric acid on it, which worked great. Looks like new.