Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally took the T2 out relic hunting

Dirt Poor

I took the T2 to a cavalry encampment site that I had pretty much "hunted-out" over the years, so I didn't expect to find much, but I wanted to see that the T would do. There were powerlines over some of the site, and a live electric fence around the pasture where I hunted. Sure, I had some extra "chirping" and noise, but not so bad that it interfered with my hunt. I only found one bullet, a metal button, and some sort of lead "whatchamacallit", but I did dig some DEEP shotgun shell brasses that I have been over with other machines. And, I have hunted this site many times without even finding one bullet. I started hunting this site when it was "virgin", and found alot of good buttons(2 Va. buttons), US buckle, carbine sling swivel and buckle, Breast Plate, and a few silver coins, plus alot of other stuff. Now, pickin's are very slim there. I was impressed with the T, and I "bonded" with the machine with no complaints. Can't wait to get into a really good place with it.

n/t

Nice find. I`m still learning my T2, every hunt I learn more. It is fun to swing.:detecting:

I found the T2 to be easy-to-learn. It always calls for patience to get a good feel for working a proper and efficient sweep speed and such, but the control settings are very direct (aka: simple) and the audio responses received are easy to interpret (aka: simple) which makes the T2 and other Teknetics models fun to use. I've never cared for any super-programming approach to having fun which is what detecting is all about.

Best of success as you continue to work that T2! Oh, I am always curious what settings and coils most folks use. I'll guess you're just using the stock 11" DD, but what Sensitivity and Discriminate settings? Which Audio Tone ID option do you prefer? What was the Ground Phase reading at your site? Thanks.

Monte

Monte said:
I found the T2 to be easy-to-learn. It always calls for patience to get a good feel for working a proper and efficient sweep speed and such, but the control settings are very direct (aka: simple) and the audio responses received are easy to interpret (aka: simple) which makes the T2 and other Teknetics models fun to use. I've never cared for any super-programming approach to having fun which is what detecting is all about.

Best of success as you continue to work that T2! Oh, I am always curious what settings and coils most folks use. I'll guess you're just using the stock 11" DD, but what Sensitivity and Discriminate settings? Which Audio Tone ID option do you prefer? What was the Ground Phase reading at your site? Thanks.

Monte
Thanks, Monte! I had the sensitivity set on 65, and that was borderline "chirpy". Disc was 20, and I like the 3-tones. I didn't pay any attention to the ground phase(didn't observe the number), as I was in a hurry to hunt, but it was redish soil(clay-type). With my health being the way it is, the machine was a pleasure to swing.