Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally tried the OOR on the Big Red Racer

pasttom

I had an hour to slip in a quick hunt today and got to hit a spot I have been hammering hard off and on for 3 to 4 years. I have pulled a couple silver dimes early on and have returned knowing there had to be be more. I have hit it a ton and no more silver for a couple years. I just put the OOR 5 inch on the Racer for the first time and cranked it up the Gain to 85. This area is directly under power lines and is a twenty foot by 50 lot of hard dirt on a hard packed transition of asphalt to vacant lot. I hit 3 1960s dimes (two silver!) and a 1959 nickel. Not earthshaking for many venues but I am shocked! I ran a hot F75, several CZs, Omega, Gold Bug Pro, Explorer SE Pro, even my Troy X5 and X3 hard over this little piece of dirt and combined they added up to an hour with the Racer!
Or maybe it was just their time to come home...

when you count how many times you have been on the spot with no silver - that is a big deal those are amazing finds proving the separation power of the Racer. Its a hot detector I have to agree.

Tom that small coil on either the Racer or Core is unbelievable. I've pulled more coins with it than any detector I've ever owned. All in heavy trash too.

yep to hit a spot many times over and go back for a silver is an eye opener. I really enjoy that little coil in the bad stuff. :cheers:

I'm sooooooo tempted to buy that small coil for my red racer.

Is it this one?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Makro-Racer-5-x-4-5-DD-Search-Coil-RC13-uk-authorized-dealer-/141831750582?hash=item2105d4c3b6:g:Rb8AAOSw0JpV4yoh

thanks
Matt

Yes, mine was included in the pro pack, but it is the same. I understand the new 5 round for the Racer 2 is exactly the same just not OOR, plane old R.
I would certainly recommend it! :detecting:

That little coil is so good. I like the way it's shaped.