Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally!!!!!!

Lodihunter

It's about time. First silver coins!!!! WOOHOO!!! I started hunting in Relic Mode and the first time after switching over from C&J to Relic, I got these at about 4-5 inches. I'm not sure if it is because I wasn't getting deep enough with C&J or if it was just a fluke, but from now on, I'm hunting in Relic. The Rosie is a 54s and the merc is a 44.

Nice finds Lodi. You still using that SEF coil? I just picked up a 6X8 and have yet to try it....we just got 6" of snow putting a damper on the hunting for awhile. Good luck. I'll let you know how the SEF works out.

[size=large]rumor has it that you do get a little more depth in relic mode. may just be what did the trick. congrats.

HH[/size]

Lovin' the SEF, whitetail. That mercury dime rang like a bell! Sucks that you're dealing with snow. It was about 74 degrees today. I was hunting in shorts and a t-shirt.

hi, like you, I went out today. I took off my Ltd 300 12" coil and put on my eclipse 5.3. I haven't found any money but, I found a railroad spike, an old brake drum, a hub cap, a 1936 royal crown rc soda bottle,an a few old oil can tops.it was a beautiful day here in crescent city,ca maybe I'll try again tomorrow. again keep digging,and good luck.

I knew you would find the silver in Relic mode. Congrats and I wish you many many more. Oh, isn't it a sweet sound when your coil goes over a silver?! HH, Nancy

Lodihunter said:
Lovin' the SEF, whitetail. That mercury dime rang like a bell! Sucks that you're dealing with snow. It was about 74 degrees today. I was hunting in shorts and a t-shirt.

OUCH. Wish I could get out! :rage:

The SEF coil is the 10x12 butterfly coil? I ask because I'm getting a used MXT300 tomorrow and I've heard that most don't really care for the 12" coil. I have the 6x10DD to put on it but I want a beachcomber coil as well.

Dave

The SEF comes in different sizes. 8x6, 12x10 etc. I have the 12x10 and like it. I would've purchased the 8x6 but I have heard it is comparable to the 6x10 DD which I already have. I don't have any complaints! HH

That's all I hunt in..relic mode. Found 5 mercs while hunting in a civil war spot. Congrats on the finds.

At 4 to 5 inches i dont think it would matter relic, c&j or coil, if you would have gotten your pinpointer over them they would have nearly rang in. Good job

I have hit silver at 10" with the 950 coil on the mxt, you just hadn,t went over any yet. Love that silver. Flintstone

congrats! I'm also a fan of the relic mode, two different configurations with just a toggle flip

No matter how, when or where .... YOU GOT THEM ! Congrats. :clapping: CCH