Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally

artman60

Bought my Excal in January, and for the last 6 weeks have been giving it a go, mostly at Hampton Beach in NH. Threshold-small whine, volume pretty loud cause I'm pretty deaf, disc-1, sens-auto-most of the time, have had conflicting advice on auto/man sens at highest livable level. Been digging pull tabs at a much deeper depth than I was with the Fisher 1280x, been finding lots of clad coins, foil, pull tabs, bottle caps, juice pouches, parts of lobster traps, plastic Easter eggs-the candy inside was wrapped in foil, and various aluminum stakes for the canopies people bring to the beach. Last Sunday, went at sunrise, I love being on the beach then ( hate getting up that early to do so), and beat the heat. Found an earring (wife says it's a belly button ring, whadda I know),925 silver, with an amethyst stone. Today, bunch of pennies, and quarters , and a 10K gold ring, and a 925 silver men's wedding band . Finally found something I'm not embarrassed to post here. ( I mean who wants to look at crusted up zincolns?). Artie

very nice finds artman..... what ever settings you are using ,they seem to be working fine..... for me auto sensetivity was great for learning.... now i find straight up 12 oclock is usually best depending on where im working.....if it falses too much just back it down a little until stable.....you are obviously learning from your experience ...... great finds, congrats....

From what ive found auto is alway set for the best stablity.... not best performance. When ML came out with the ET which displayed what the machine setting were i think it was an eye opener for a lot of hunter who had been using Auto on the Explorers. BUT you really do have to let your hunting spot dictate your settings. Its obvious by your finds that your settings are producing for you.... what more do we ask for? Excellent bunch of finds.

Dew

When I was allowed to hunt Cranes Beach in Ipswich this winter (since closed to us) I ran into another Excal user, and he told me to put it in man, sens as high as I could take it with the falsing. I did, and it seemed to work pretty good for me, than another person with the finds to establish his credentials told me that with the fairly low mineralization at the beaches here in the NE, I'd be better off leaving it in auto. I'm not an engineer, both ways have seemed to produce. I find this an easy unit to use, disc at one, dig all sounds. I hip mount the Excal, and also put one of those canvas shopping bags the grocery stores give you to use, on the belt. I will collect lots of trash also. Artie

Artie Great finds. Looks like your doing great as you are finding Gold with the Excal. Keep up the finds :detecting: