Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally!

Rob183

I hit the play area of a local park this morning for a quick 30 minutes hunt before work and my first find was also a first for me. A silver quarter from underneath some apparatus. I was using my new to me F2 with the 4" coil and discrimination maxed out to get closers to the steel structure. No silver since the good ole days of the 70's. It was an exciting start to my day!

CongratZ on the silver.

So you are running with the F2, man I loved that thing!
Bought mine as a backup/take on vacation detector but it was so good, so much fun and so productive I used it as my prime for more than 3 years.
My $200 investment turned into over $2000 in clad, silver and gold jewelry in that time, the fun I had using and learning it was priceless.
About 500 hours with the 8" coil and then the second 500 hours with the sniper which rarely came off that thing after I put in on one day just as a lark.
That sniper found me way more than the 2 larger coils I have combined.

In 2013, after finding 3 gold targets by March I set a ridiculous goal to find 12 gold targets for the year all in public places in the dirt.
By late November, just before the bad weather came in and shut me down I hit that goal...and the F2 and the sniper found 9 out of 12 of those on that quest.

A clad magnet, I won the most clad award 3 years running at my club using it hunting the same parks over and over.
At least 3 members of my club that also had much more expensive detectors bought one because I kept winning contest after contest at our monthly meetings, most clad, best jewelry and more...I think they believed this thing was magic or something.
The magic was in how good this thing worked and how well I learned it.

Jewelry, no problem, even most chains.
Relics, easy easy, and you know it finds silver coins first hand.

Enjoy it, love it, learn it and it will treat you right!

REVIER-----How many silver coins did you find with your F-2 during that time you were using it?

Great post Revier. I picked up the F2 from a pawn shop a few months ago to use along with my Amigo II and been alternating between them. This is m first unit with numerical ID and tones so I have much to learn. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The silver quarter came in high eighties, no bar ID, and I found a new style pull tab even with the discrimination maxed out.

D&P-OR said:
REVIER-----How many silver coins did you find with your F-2 during that time you were using it?

Some, mostly dimes here and there but at the time coins weren't really my thing, jewelry was what I wanted...and what I found.
Probably much more than I deserved.

Using it here in Bama it never got super deep because of the mineralized and iron infested and infused soil, not much here can, so I was happy with just getting to the 3-4" or so depth area with the 8" coil and had fun and found a lot just mostly shallow.
I have learned detectors can get deeper here but the devil dirt screws up the signals so badly on targets past 4-5" that most get super jumpy and hard to recognize.
In Kansas I could get deeper but I used mostly the sniper coil there with about a 6" depth limit or so.
I found most of those dimes there but I was lucky in that they were mostly shallow.
There is deeper silver there but I didn't start going after those till I got my F70.

Here in Bama I have learned there are silver coins here, not all that deep either at the 4-6" area or maybe a bit more and even though they are screwed up signals down deeper I know a lot more now thanks to hunting with the F70 and I sometimes wonder if I pull the F2 out again it might be fun to try to figure out some of those better deeper targets I didn't believe I could get to in the past.
Maybe someday...I still have the F2 and will never sell it.

Rob 183, congratulations on that silver quarter, definitely a great way to start your hunt. My brother WV62 and myself like to silver hunt and the last two years we've only found one silver quarter between us so they are far and few between. I'm thinking the place you hunt has more to do with your finds than what type detector you have, we've just about wore this local park out of silver.

I hear ya on that Kansas dirt Revier.-----I'm originally from NE & I've hunted that sweet, sweet KS & NE dirt A LOT.-------Out here in Oregon (and the NW)--it's a "whole nuther ballgame".-----Used to get plenty of silver coins back there looking like they just came from the mint.----Try that out here!:tongue:-----Many of the silver coins we get out here in the area(s) we hunt look like dingy clad till they are cleaned up.-----A lot of them (most) back there was just shining in the hole---loved that!
REVIER said:
D&P-OR said:

Some, mostly dimes here and there but at the time coins weren't really my thing, jewelry was what I wanted...and what I found.
Probably much more than I deserved.

Using it here in Bama it never got super deep because of the mineralized and iron infested and infused soil, not much here can, so I was happy with just getting to the 3-4" or so depth area with the 8" coil and had fun and found a lot just mostly shallow.
I have learned detectors can get deeper here but the devil dirt screws up the signals so badly on targets past 4-5" that most get super jumpy and hard to recognize.
In Kansas I could get deeper but I used mostly the sniper coil there with about a 6" depth limit or so.
I found most of those dimes there but I was lucky in that they were mostly shallow.
There is deeper silver there but I didn't start going after those till I got my F70.

Here in Bama I have learned there are silver coins here, not all that deep either at the 4-6" area or maybe a bit more and even though they are screwed up signals down deeper I know a lot more now thanks to hunting with the F70 and I sometimes wonder if I pull the F2 out again it might be fun to try to figure out some of those better deeper targets I didn't believe I could get to in the past.
Maybe someday...I still have the F2 and will never sell it.