Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Find of a lifetime

7centsworth

Well I found my best civil war relic and best coin all with one find. I got permission on a new spot real close to where I have hunted for years. And man is this going to be good. I started out finding old cans and a modern small caliper bullet and decided to move up the property as I only had about a hour and a half before it got dark. I crossed the gully and about 5 ft past a get a good signal. I dig down and find my first civil war find (melted lead). So I slowed way down and started to circle and a few feet away I got a mixed tone, slight high tone and low tones mixed in on my xterra 70. So I dig down several inches. I was having a hard time finding it. Then I got it out of hole and barely found it with my pinpointer. I flipped it over and there laid gold aluminum foil or so I thought. I was disappointed and then I flipped it over and saw the head on it and then I had to catch my breathe. I was looking at a 1856 gold one dollar coin. My first gold coin. It is bent but I’m not complaining. I no joke sat there for about 20 minutes or longer. I called me wife then Mike and one other buddy before I ever picked it up. I then found all the rest of my finds within 30 foot square. And then it got dark. More to come. Wooo I’m I excited. Not exactly sure what the tweezer looking things are. But I found a eagle button in rough shape and several round balls. One looks to have been pulled. And I think A scabbard tip. The button was only about three inches deep. On a root my pinpointer would hit it before I dug. I have only got to detect a handful of times this year been so busy. But this was a good day detecting.

This is what a scabbard tip originally looked like.

Wow! What a great day you had Emmett! Congratulations!! :clapping:

Thanks guys. I didn’t sleep good thinking about it last night. Lol

What a fantastic find. I always dream about a gold coin but I'm still waiting. Congrats

TerryEastTexas said:
What a fantastic find. I always dream about a gold coin but I'm still waiting. Congrats
Thanks. I always dreamed of one but never dreamed I would find it civil war hunting. Found it using my old trusty xterra 70. These machines have always been good to me.

Looks like your research has paid off big time... hard to tell what else that site holds for you.
Congradulations on some great finds there!!
That gold coin is very nice indeed no matter what shape it is in!!