Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finding "clean" (metal-free) ground before activating Ground Grab

ToddB64

Hi :wave:

I've read that you can get a little more depth by using All Metal mode instead of Discrimination, but haven't actually run any tests to prove this to myself.

Assuming AM is deeper than Disc., wouldn't it be best to run my Gamma 6000 in AM mode when searching for a patch of clean (metal-free) ground before switching to Disc. mode and activating Ground grab ? That way the detector would signal any metal in the ground deeper than Disc. mode could reach.

As far as any affect that the Sensitivity mode setting might have on depth, under HOW DEEP WILL IT GO? at the bottom of page 11 in the manual it states " All modes share the same sensitivity setting. If sensitivity is adjusted in any mode, the change is also effective for the other modes.". Therefore, regardless of the Sensitivity setting used, perhaps I could gain some additional search depth by using AM mode when checking for a spot of clean ground before activating Ground Grab. :shrug:.

Would anyone care to comment on my question in the second paragraph above ?

Thanks !

ToddB64

Sounds to me like you have it figured out! I always put my machines in all metal to make sure there's no metal in the ground before I ground balance my machines.

88junior said:
Sounds to me like you have it figured out! I always put my machines in all metal to make sure there's no metal in the ground before I ground balance my machines.

Hi 88junior !

Thanks for replying on this. I appreciate everyone that takes the time to give their thoughts.

I'm also hoping for replies from folks who own and might be a little familiar with the Gamma unit......Ummmm, let's see, maybe Dave Jones or Monte Berry. ;)

ToddB64