Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

finding gold with the Eq. Is it because it is a new machine?

As with all new machines we dig most all targets to figure out where the goodies range or sound like. As we get to know each new machine it seems we find great targets others have missed. D o you think all the great finds are because it is new we do dig all targets? I do.

No doubt. Its like a hunted out spot you haven't been to for a while and because all the easy and semi easy finds have previously been harvested one begins to dig the next best sounding targets. Many times they in fact are good targets. HH jim tn

The Nox hits hard on mid conductors. I'm digging more masked nickles which translated to gold, almost all the rings I have ever dug hit in the nickle range.

If MInelab could rework park1 field 1 to unmask high conductors the way park2 field2 unmasks nickles, they would have a mindblowing machine.

I have been thinking the same things, but was waiting to see if anyone else feel the same way. With any new detector I dig signals I normally would not just to see what they are and this is where some great finds are found, but a lot of trash items too.
I do feel the Equinox is a great detector too, but those the rely on meter numbers and tones may miss these good targets too so I think the Equinox finds the targets maybe better in trash and all around, but it is the operator that makes the difference to dig or not , being new to the detector I am sure many will dig signals they normally wouldn't have thus digging the gold.
My best year for gold was the first year (1973) I detected as there was no disc at all and just learn to dig what sounded good and anything that was questionable, biggest problems were the bottle caps.

Rick

three things are happening......... we were told this machine is more gold sensitivity.... so we are concentrating on targets differently. I see a lot of dirt hunters every year who come to hunt FL beaches....... they have tuned their hearing to HIGH tones and clean the beaches of coins.... then wonder why they didnt find any gold. In this case more are looking at..... rather than listening to the low digits. Another factor....... we are spending MORE time hunting than we normally do....... AND are we not seeing a lot of NEW people or those who rarely post posting their finds?

Dew

I think most hunters ignore targets at the low end of the low conductive scale and therefore get more (only?) gold in the nickel range.

Where are all the gold coins from the at max release? MX sport release? Nokta impact ? I mean dont remember seeing so many gold coins from those releases.... For some of you guys who have been around ... do you remember there being some many gold coins when the AT PRO came out??

calabash digger said:
Where are all the gold coins from the at max release? MX sport release? Nokta impact ? I mean dont remember seeing so many gold coins from those releases.... For some of you guys who have been around ... do you remember there being some many gold coins when the AT PRO came out??

Yep! Great observation. It loves the lower conductors...although I've also been killing the silver with it!

I have a friend that has a Garrett ace 250. He is so good at metal detecting i mean really good. A friend has a deus, my self a ctx 3030 and another friend has f75 . Guess what? He pulls more coins rings etc etc than us. And this is why becuase he digs everything y mean everything. I am sure that if we dig everything or almost everything with our detectors , ctx , deus, at pros, fishers etc etc Even a Bounty hunter or Discovery 1000 we Will come to our houses with more findings.

littlenugget said:
I have a friend that has a Garrett ace 250. He is so good at metal detecting i mean really good. A friend has a deus, my self a ctx 3030 and another friend has f75 . Guess what? He pulls more coins rings etc etc than us. And this is why becuase he digs everything y mean everything. I am sure that if we dig everything or almost everything with our detectors , ctx , deus, at pros, fishers etc etc Even a Bounty hunter or Discovery 1000 we Will come to our houses with more findings.

Not feasible at 99% of my sites. You wouldn't leave a 5'x5' area all day.

Dean

dbado1 said:
Not feasible at 99% of my sites. You wouldn't leave a 5'x5' area all day.

Dean

2 thoughts.... 1st, yes you would be better off with a shovel and screen than attempting to pinpoint and dig every target at any place I hunt. 2nd, an ace250 is not even close in depth to any of the other detectors listed. So it would be a great idea to let the "friend" dig all his targets then follow behind him after he clears the trash out.

TN Mike said:
The Nox hits hard on mid conductors. I'm digging more masked nickles which translated to gold, almost all the rings I have ever dug hit in the nickle range.

If MInelab could rework park1 field 1 to unmask high conductors the way park2 field2 unmasks nickles, they would have a mindblowing machine.

maybe its the ground but I did a test and field1 hit the hardest,deepest and best ID then any of the others...had nickel at 8" then a penny at 9" and bounced the nickel 12/13 solid and lound..since then went out to hunted out spot and found a reg.nickel a buffy and V all at the 8" mark..along with Wheaties and dimes and anything else under the coil..did all this in about 30-40 mins time then had to go.....dinner

Well if we are just to lazy to make holes it's ower problem, my " friend" is a hard working man that doesnt know the word lazy. One of this days i am going to récord him and you will see what i am talking about.

How can ace 250 is not deep? Are you sure? its a 7.2 kHz machine, of course is deep!!!

littlenugget said:
Well if we are just to lazy to make holes it's ower problem, my " friend" is a hard working man that doesnt know the word lazy. One of this days i am going to récord him and you will see what i am talking about.

How can ace 250 is not deep? Are you sure? its a 7.2 kHz machine, of course is deep!!!

Its a statement of fact, not supposition. I have hunted side by side with Garrett AT users (and the AT is far superior to the ACE) who COULD NOT DETECT deep coins I had clear, solid hits on.

At pro is 15khz
Ace 250 7.2 kHz

lower frecuency its deeper, and this is not just theory or supposition it's a fact!

Yes at pro has more but like i said before , we may have the best metal detector in the world , but if we don't have good ear, we are lazy to dig, etc etc and a person digs almost everything or everything , whatever metal detector he has he is going to have a lot of trash in his hands, but also a lot coins rings etc etc

My deus is deeper in 54 kh on silver than the at pro or ace 250. How do you explain that?